2002 cannibal, starter turns but it's not turning over the motor

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
wipeout

#1 Post by wipeout »

hey whats up all,just like the title says,the starter turns but the motor will not turn over...i was told it was a starter gear that's on the crank.where can i get this gear and a gasket kit.and how much of a pain in the *** is it to put in. huh.gif

i live in southern maine and i was wondering if there is someone on this site that lives somewhat near me that could help me put in in..thanks everyone..scott.... cool.gif

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (wipeout @ Dec 10 2013, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey whats up all,just like the title says,the starter turns but the motor will not turn over...i was told it was a starter gear that's on the crank.where can i get this gear and a gasket kit.and how much of a pain in the *** is it to put in. huh.gif

i live in southern maine and i was wondering if there is someone on this site that lives somewhat near me that could help me put in in..thanks everyone..scott.... cool.gif

The one way bearing is located on the end of the counterbalnce shaft and is a complete teardown to replace. Id get ahold of the Timbomoose in Erie PA who is also the site sponser. Leave a message .

wipeout

#3 Post by wipeout »

where can i get a one way bearing and a gaskets for it....if there is a video and book or something like that i'd do the motor myself. erie pa is about a 10 hour drive for me .thanks for the help...

beanie$440$peed

#4 Post by beanie$440$peed »

QUOTE (wipeout @ Dec 12 2013, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
where can i get a one way bearing and a gaskets for it....if there is a video and book or something like that i'd do the motor myself. erie pa is about a 10 hour drive for me .thanks for the help...

Cannibomer on the fourm main page or blackwidow

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

What is the history of your engine. I have not seen many one way clutches go bad but the few that did was a result of fine metal floating through the system from something like a crank failing or someone who just never changed oil and ran without magnets in the system.

wipeout

#6 Post by wipeout »

my motor is stock,i've changed the oil in it at the beginning of the year.all the oil levels looked good.took it out and at the beginning of each ride i'd check the oil.and a few times the oil looked a little low so i'd add some to it.what was happening was the oil was leaking into the bottom end.i didn't realize it was doing that.so i was told that too much oil in the bottom end would do that.so that's all fault i guess.no one to blame but me.

wistech

#7 Post by wistech »

If its still stock then you would need the full boat update. Shipping your engine to Tims for him to go through it and making a weekend trip to his house to install it in your quad would be the best decision you could make. One you will be thanking yourself for. Im 24 hours away in wi so that would be out of the question. Im afraid unless you really learn the whole engine /chassis updating process and know your quads systems inside and out any other options will bring less than desired results with a much higher price tag.