tank pressure

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
cannonman

#1 Post by cannonman »

All of a sudden, my gas tank is getting pressurized, can a bad pressure regulator cause that? Also, as soon as it fires up now, after poppin back through the throttle body, it revs up to around 4 or 5k and stays there, throttle position sensor? huh.gif

speedracer

#2 Post by speedracer »

There is a screen in the regulator,maybe its clogged up?My IACV went out and made the engine surge to 3 or 4000 rpms,but it would go up and down @ idle.

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

If your tank is getting presurized you getting air in from somehwere in the suction side. The outer quick connect orings would be the first place to look. Cracked fuel filter, loose fitting or even even the inner tank lines can rot and crack open. Air in the fuel will also cause a lean condition and higher than normal idle. But also look at fuel injector orings and throttle body boot.

cannonman

#4 Post by cannonman »

Sorry, I mean negative pressure, like the tank is getting is getting sucked in, you can release the gas cap and the tank sounds like it takes a breath. Bout burned it to the ground Saturday, unhooked the feed side first to tank the tank off and it GUSHED fuel til I got the return side unhooked.

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

Your gas cap is clogged

Blasterboy11

#6 Post by Blasterboy11 »

I had my tank do that a few years ago, my little billet cap was caked with coal mud.

cannonman

#7 Post by cannonman »

Ok, got the tank pressure sorted, new regulator, still idle searches sometimes, kicks the fan on, then you crank on it for a bit, the fan shuts off and it starts, but there's no way it's lean cause the exhaust smells like fuel? What the ****? And it'll die while ridein after a bit when ya pull in the clutch?

cannonman

#8 Post by cannonman »

Tank seems to he gettin good fuel flow back to it, bad injector maybe? Only does it once in two or three starts, can they act up intermittently?

cannonman

#9 Post by cannonman »

You can watch the tank, when you rev it, you can see the fuel level rise? After a bit, it takes longer to get back to idle?

cannonman

#10 Post by cannonman »

The pump wines when ya cycle it, sounds fine until the end of the cycle and at the end sounds like it's runnin dry, But the filter fills quick now? Bad pump?