sleeve and piston

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
wipeout

#1 Post by wipeout »

whats up all,well i got miss dale running just about perfect.what i thought was a new bottom and top end was wrong.they never replaced my piston and my wrist pin broke and jammed the piston into the side of the sleeve on my first ride out .so were could i get a piston and sleeve for my 2002 cannible.and could i get it already bored out or do they only come stock size.thanks... cool.gif

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

If your wrist pin broke you might have a lot more issues than just a piston and sleeve. The rod is most likely bent and you need to check the case for cracking behind the flywheel bearing. Id also go through the head as the valves are shurly damaged.

rayspeed

#3 Post by rayspeed »

^^^ What wistec said and I would add that I would be surprised if was a stock piston did that. If it was a 460 wwe piston not so much. In my experience every race piston has done that just after 50 hours. One way to tell is if you have a steel liner. If it was a nikisil lined aluminum sleeve then a good chance it was stock but not certainly. The good news is that whole stock piston liner kits are reliable ready to run and cheap at less than $200. I have slapped a new stock piston kit in when it did not look like the rod was bent and it ran but smoked on start up so you cant tell just by looking with it in there.

wipeout

#4 Post by wipeout »

the motor is all apart.the head and the valves look good.no damage.connecting rod took a beating and it is warped.the piston jammed in the bottom part of the sleeve if that makes any sense.all the bearings looks good but gonna look them over again. flywheel looks good.i think it's a stock size piston.