Electrical Problem

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
natvin

#1 Post by natvin »

I have a 2002 Cannibal that was running fine in January when I took the battery out. I put the battery back in a couple months ago, the negative side was sparking alot and getting hot. Also the fan and fuel pump were running without key in.

From reading on here it seems it could be fried drivers for fan and fuel pump or a short somewhere. Is there anything else I should look for? Unfortunately I'm not good when it comes to electrical issues, at least testing never know where to start. With the battery hooked up it won't turn over either. Thanks

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

Battery in backwards? Plugging the connectors with the larger gauge red wires into the smaller wired starter soleniod and vice versa can cause some bad things to happen. Of course you should not even touch those when replacing the battery .

natvin

#3 Post by natvin »

Battery was in backwards wtf. The simplest thing and I didn't even check because I thought it was in right. Wistech thank you for your help, sorry for wasting your time. Is there anything I should check that could be damaged? Again thank you.