Starts then Stalls

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
FORDF3502

#1 Post by FORDF3502 »

Hello actually new to Cannondale(somehow aquired 2 in the last year) and have a few questions i picked up a 02 speed guy was selling for parts( was told its a 460 but not sure) long story short all it was the d2 diode was bad now it will fire and then stall i dont have a D@M but am in search of one can anyone tell me is there a base line tps voltage setting i can start with and is there ayone that can reflash the ecm out there if i swap ecms with my 03 speed it will run but wont idle didnt want to hack into the harness on my 03 unless i had to. my 03 will run with the 02 ecm but idle seems lowThanks

speedracer

#2 Post by speedracer »

Have tried adjusting the idle screw on the throttle body to get a higher idle,the have been know to back-out some.

FORDF3502

#3 Post by FORDF3502 »

QUOTE (speedracer @ Jan 1 2015, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have tried adjusting the idle screw on the throttle body to get a higher idle,the have been know to back-out some.

Thats why i was looking for a tps voltage to see if i was in the ball park spent several years in automotive for example a good closed throttle voltage on a ford is .9-1.0 v in most cases i dont know the history behind this atv was supposed to have run and just quit but from what ive seen looks more like they have been in engine and couldnt get it to run. ive gotten it to run since last post with 03 ecu actualy had to back out idle screw but now wont run at all with 02 ecu

Canniboomer

#4 Post by Canniboomer »

The average min (closed) voltage of the TPS is 0.26v
The average max (open TB) voltage of the TPS is 4.45v

An 03 S-1000 would likely have an average injector offset of 1.1 compared to the 02 of 0.88. A random 03 ECU will be richer.

But the MUCH more common issue with any machine you may find -- is FUELING flow restriction, either constricted into the pump per ANY stock machine, or crimped and restricted flow back to the tank... Either issue, or BOTH at same time, can have most new owners chasing electrical and D&M tuning tweaks all in vain -- that stuff is fine, true and might be needed yes,... but should come
only after the fundamentals of improving fuel flow. If you can still hear the groaning pump, perhaps there is more pre-work needed.

FORDF3502

#5 Post by FORDF3502 »

[quote name='Canniboomer' date='Jan 2 2015, 01:00 PM' post='236738']
The average min (closed) voltage of the TPS is 0.26v
The average max (open TB) voltage of the TPS is 4.45v

An 03 S-1000 would likely have an average injector offset of 1.1 compared to the 02 of 0.88. A random 03 ECU will be richer.

But the MUCH more common issue with any machine you may find -- is FUELING flow restriction, either constricted into the pump per ANY stock machine, or crimped and restricted flow back to the tank... Either issue, or BOTH at same time, can have most new owners chasing electrical and D&M tuning tweaks all in vain -- that stuff is fine, true and might be needed yes,... but should come
only after the fundamentals of improving fuel flow. If you can still hear the groaning pump, perhaps there is more pre-work needed.
[/quote
sorry it took so long to post this thanks for the help idle screw was cranked way up brougt the tps down to about .3 v starts and runs with 03 ecu sent the 02 ecu to have it reflashed thanks again sure there are more questions to come as i get deeper into my cannondales