Motor Work or Parts Availability?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
who_gives_a6

#1 Post by who_gives_a6 »

I've been sitting with a quad down for about 10 months now and I want this thing running soon. It was a timbo ported and stroked 467cc running a CP piston. Sticky bucket caused a valve/cam failure and I lost of valves, the exhaust buckets and cam, the piston was junk, and the rod is bent. I can't get ahold of Timbo anymore and I want this thing running, not sitting another year or more.

What are my options? Can this head be repaired or is it out of question? If so, anyone here able to do the work? The rod is bent so it is toast. Is it possible to get a stroked rod from someone other than Tim or can it be returned to a stock rod? The sleeve has a little damage as well so I'm gonna guess it's not repairable either? It is not a steel sleeve.

Basically I just want to get it running but would like some good power too. At least a 460 whether stroked or not. Anyone have any parts they've been hoarding that could find a new home? I want it running before the summertime heat.

I do have a spare stock crank and head but would rather try to see if these are fixable first.

who_gives_a6

#2 Post by who_gives_a6 »

Sleeve.

who_gives_a6

#3 Post by who_gives_a6 »

Head.

who_gives_a6

#4 Post by who_gives_a6 »

One more head photo.

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

Carrillo can make you a new piston and rod. The rod is the same dimensions as a stocker so thats a 4 week wait and the part number is posted . The piston will be a one off to copy and will cost a small fortune. .The crank pin and wrist pin offset is what different on a 467 from a stock engine. Most heads can be repaired by a local automotive engine shop with car valve seats but if you need more than a few you mind a well just do a fresh head and get it ported as repair will be cost prohibitive. A ported 460 can get up any dune at St Anthonys with ease so unless your racing banshees or something it would be a cheaper option. If you really need to get ahold of Tim I would write him a letter .

who_gives_a6

#6 Post by who_gives_a6 »

Thanks Wistech! I believe you said you had a builder to balance and install the Z bearing in stock cranks. Mind pm'ing me the info if so? I have a stock crank with 2hrs on it I hope is good.

So out of curiosity, has there ever been any progress on getting 460 kits made? I remember a thread months back. I'd probably just go back to stock stroke if that's doable. But I would like to get a 98mm piston for my running stroker engine eventually for when it's due too.