Need advice

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
cannonman

#1 Post by cannonman »

What's the best way to get a stuck bucket out, I've tried different things and not workin, what method has everyone used to get one out? Thanks

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

Ive never had a bucket stuck in a head but there are many things you can do. Weld a bolt tot the top and yank it out with a slidehammer. Cut the center out of the valve with a dremel and tap the valve stem out from the bottom. Just how stuck is it? A good magnet usually can pull one out. You can also drill a hole and intall a screw into the top of the bucket . Just dont do anything crazy or you get to buy a new head.
Or you can send it to me and Ill show it who is boss.

cannonman

#3 Post by cannonman »

It's STUCK, no magnet is gettin it out. I'll try the drill and screw method, thanks bud. I might end up sendin it to you and letting you go to town on it haha

Canniboomer

#4 Post by Canniboomer »

Make sure you drill it off-center to not hit the shim... like 2 holes for 2 screws
to twist and pull it out evenly. If the mated valve is not dropped, the bucket is still high and some limited downward rap to the bucket-center might loosen it up first.
Fun fun, hope you can save the boreway

kdeal

#5 Post by kdeal »

I have the master magnet, it pulls all buckets!

wistech

#6 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (kdeal @ Mar 9 2015, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have the master magnet, it pulls all buckets!

I believe you . I remember trying to remove the one that was on the door jam of your truck. OUCH

cannonman

#7 Post by cannonman »

Hey Kdeal, why don't ya loan me your magnet?!!!! Lol

kdeal

#8 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Mar 9 2015, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I believe you . I remember trying to remove the one that was on the door jam of your truck. OUCH

That's it!