Send motors out for rebuild, or buy new motors?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Blasterboy11

#1 Post by Blasterboy11 »

Id like to get some riding in this year, I just don't have any time to mess with my two motors that need to be rebuilt. Anyone have opinions on sending my motors to someone on the forum to get rebuilt, or should I send them as a core to someone in exchange for new motors, say from Kdeal or black widow? Exchanging for new motors would run me almost 3k for two, or I could send them to someone for the cost of parts, labor and shipping.

Any ideas? I have a mess of my quads id like to get together by summer to ride a few times, and theres zero local cannondale people around me to help out sad.gif

bigfoot17

#2 Post by bigfoot17 »

Wistech had a beautiful motor for sale. Totally rebuilt.

http://www.cannondaleriders.com/forums/ind...showtopic=26927

Blasterboy11

#3 Post by Blasterboy11 »

Yeh I saw that, waaaaay outside my budget. I might get 3-4 rides in this year, I haven't taken my Moto out in almost 4 years

wistech

#4 Post by wistech »

Sorry that engine was snapped up. Engine cost pretty much is a factor of the condition of the core. If your engines just need updating they can be done for under $1000 . Unfortunatly its pretty rare to find one that wasnt driven beyond a simple updating.

Blasterboy11

#5 Post by Blasterboy11 »

Well one is all together I could easily ship, the other is in a few crates. Ken mentioned what I have would be a good chunk if change off a new motor from brad, so he thinks its in decent shape, it ran fine. would you be interested in taking a look at my complete one for now, give it a once over and replace whats needed? Id like to get at least one running while the other one has the frame flushed.