Ever wonder where the parts came from ??????

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
wistech

#1 Post by wistech »

I was just chitty chattin with Tim yesterday about sourcing parts and the subject of coils came up. Well I did a little research on the part numbers and it looks like our coils are from a citroen car. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-607-coil...5gAAOSwFMZWrYzn Although our coils dont completely look like the ones in the pics if you examine them closely you can see where they took the car coil and must have thrown them in a lathe and ground off the plastic brackets. The grinding marks are still on the coils as well as the part numbers. Although coil failures are very rare and I have loads of them its nice to know a lot of the electronic parts are still available . All of the fuel injection components are from fords mercedes citroen general motors and many more european vehicles . Pretty cool.

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

You can see where they put a bead of silicone at the head of the coil where the machining ended and really weakened the plug connector by grinding the base off. Ive seen a bunch broken off there.

Canniboomer

#3 Post by Canniboomer »

I believe they also fit to some Aprilia Motorcycles. But we are lucky anyway, since the New OEM cDale supply of coils is good, and they are so much cheaper
than the same thing for Euro applications.

wistech

#4 Post by wistech »

I found a comparison of the aprilia coils . They look to be purpose built instead of remachined . It looks like the bottom boots might be different.