Few Issues after rebuild.

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
cannondale32

#1 Post by cannondale32 »

I recently rebuilt my engine, had Tim fix the falicon crank, put it back together and made sure all the updates were done. I got the engine back in, I was letting it idle the other day (can't ride it yet as I still need to put balljoints in) and it's probably got 10 minutes of idle time, so I revved it up a little bit and it was fine until I went to about half throttle and it fell on its face and died. I cranked it back over and it didn't fire up but it did shoot a flame out of the intake and a small one out of the exhaust. Not at the same time though. I also sent Tim my ecu and throttle body and he put a map on it and recalibrated my throttle body. It almost seems as if it's flooding itself out. Thanks for any help.

Canniboomer

#2 Post by Canniboomer »

If the tank is stock, first check that the return hose is not fold-kinked at the male connector.
That's a common place for the hose to get creased. Sliding back the firesleeve there will often reveal the issue, past or present.
It can tend to fold when the tank is pushed down after connecting the fitting.

coreyg589

#3 Post by coreyg589 »

Also make sure the rubber boot that goes on top of the throttle body is seated on properly and tight I had it pop off on me once and it was doing the same thing

cannondale32

#4 Post by cannondale32 »

Ok I'll check that out after work. Thanks !

cannondale32

#5 Post by cannondale32 »

Throttle body wasn't seated all the way and had an injector were pop off, got it all buttoned up now. Thanks !