Strange fuel pump probelm

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
funmachines

#1 Post by funmachines »

I rebuilt the motor on my Glamis and when I tried to re-start it I can't get the fuel pump to turn on even though it cranks over fine. It ran fine before I rebuilt and switched cases. I've tried a bunch of things and don't seem to be making progress. I already changed the fuel pump and it turns on if I run it remotely. I get 12 V at the plus terminal of the pump like I should and I can talk to the ECU with my D&M. Things I've tried: other ECUs, other relays, other crank sensors, extra ground connections, battery is new, run/stop switch works for starter, key switch seems to work, clutch lever switch works ( has to be pulled in for starter to engage).

Any ideas to try or things to look at?

Thanks

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

First thing is check to make sure the crank sensor plug isnt swapped with other sensors. The ecu wont ground the fuel pump till it detects the flywheel moving. Then I would ohm check the pins on the wire from the ecu plug to the pump connector. Its the H1 pin on the black connector. Use a needle in the pin hole to connect the ohm meter. Wiggle the wires to see if there is a broken wire which will show up as an open in the readings.

funmachines

#3 Post by funmachines »

I checked it tonight and that was the problem. The ground wire was broken but +12 was still connected. Looks like an easy fix to just swap a weatherpack connector and I'll use longer leads for the pump connector. Should run again tomorrow...

Thanks again for the help.