This is a first for me.

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
wistech

#1 Post by wistech »

The pin walked out of the shift rachet mechanism. Weird huh.gif Perhaps from the extra abuse from the electric shifter? No damage to the parts . The pin just fell straight down into the bottom of the gear case and it was stuck in gear. Has anyone else left in the cannondale world seen this.

Kuma

#2 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Mar 18 2017, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The pin walked out of the shift rachet mechanism. Weird huh.gif Perhaps from the extra abuse from the electric shifter? No damage to the parts . The pin just fell straight down into the bottom of the gear case and it was stuck in gear. Has anyone else left in the cannondale world seen this.

Can you elaborate on the electric shifter? I'll also do a quick search tongue.gif

Kuma

#3 Post by Kuma »

rlwulber

#4 Post by rlwulber »

Wistec. I just had that pin break off...Went to put it in gear and it snapped right off. The hole broke out where the pin goes. First time that's happened.must be something in the air.

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

OK that is weird . Could you post a pic. Mine was not damaged its just like it was pressed out of the bracket.

rlwulber

#6 Post by rlwulber »

Here is a pic.the top hat also had a chunk missing. The broken piece pin and top hat were just resting on the oil pump cover.[attachment=13896:IMG_2017...54128546.jpg]

Canniboomer

#7 Post by Canniboomer »

I think a lower idle speed is good for any cdale out there, if it already has an opened-up fuelpath... to minimize that "jolt" from neutral to 1st or 2nd, even with the clutch lever fully IN. Or at least waiting for the auto-choke speed to tame down as it warms up a bit. And a lighter foot on the shifter at that shift moment. Just being aware now, might minimize the problem. But with so many guys claiming to hardly ever use the clutch!.... lol, this could become an ever growing issue.

polyesterpig

#8 Post by polyesterpig »

I have seen it happen once. Pin just fell out.

promod

#9 Post by promod »

QUOTE (Canniboomer @ Apr 21 2017, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But with so many guys claiming to hardly ever use the clutch!.... lol, this could become an ever growing issue.

Just to kinda comment on this, There is a art in a way on shifting and not using the clutch, And a time to use it and not, I never slam it in gear when first taking off as do use the clutch for that, or when the rpm's and trans are not synchronized and feel right to me...kinda hard to explain, just years of practice, racing and riding style, and if you really don't know what your doing you can cause a lot of damage, but guess doing something right as never had any issue by doing it on any of my other 2T and 4T bikes or even the C'Dale's!
Just thought I would clarify a little bit more on that topic! wink.gif