Externally leaking injectors?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Reeve

#1 Post by Reeve »

Just recently got a speed running after sitting for a while. After running for a few seconds fuel started dripping pretty fast from the area around the injectors. I couldn't tell exactly where it was coming from so shut it down, I pulled the throttle body and primed the fuel pump a few times. Even with fuel pressure the leak had disappeared while not running. I went ahead and got all new fuel lines and clamps but then remembered this had happened at the dunes a few years ago when my brother owned the quad. The same thing happened and it was leaking a lot of fuel but after taking it apart we couldn't find the leak and it ran leak free the whole weekend after that. I know some older Bosch injectors could leak from the actual injector case and not from the O rings but it was more of a slow leak. I think these are Denso injectors? Has anyone had an issue with the actual injector leaking externally? The fuel lines and O rings didn't look bad but I replaced the lines and got new O rings for the top of the injectors. I just don't want to have a fuel leak come up out of nowhere when I'm out riding.

kdeal

#2 Post by kdeal »

I have never heard of our injectors leaking externally. I would replace the lower O-rings while you are at. I would look for cracks in the injector top hats, cracks in the head casting around the bungs as well.