Stage 8

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
swamper38s

Stage 8

#1 Post by swamper38s »

Where do I get a Stage 8 kit from? And how do I go about installing it?:usa

Cannibal440

#2 Post by Cannibal440 »

I have a stage8 kit for sale. I never got around to installing it, and I parted out my quad. $80 and its yours. Let me know. BTW, it comes with instructions, it doesn't look too hard to do.

Mjollnir

#3 Post by Mjollnir »

Stage 8 kit - http://forums.cannondaler.com/viewtopic.php?t=1429

In order to do this, you'll need to remove the engine. wjr wrote some great instructions: http://forums.cannondaler.com/viewtopic.php?t=1381

Jaybr

#4 Post by Jaybr »

If you get in a bind, bring it over and we can help out. I'm installing a Stage 8 this evening in a Cannibal I just bought.

haydug

#5 Post by haydug »

That's a good deal on the stage 8 kit. I have 4 new ones left if you still need one.

southbaymoto

#6 Post by southbaymoto »

Respestfully, the stage 8 kit is like covering canser with a bandaid. Although it does work so will the correct hardware found at a local hardware store for $1 - $3.

There are many parts of this engine that have design flaws. The stage 8 kit only covers one fraction of the mods. that are done in our kit. Correcting one and not the other is a waste of your time. It is costly and labor intensive. I would not like to pull my engine every few months to repair a different malfunction. This causes DNF's, loss of valuable riding time and additional parts cost. If your time is worth money and you value your ability to ride "worry free" our basic dependability kit is not an enormus expense. You can find it on our website www.southbaymoto.com.

We do not use nor endorse stage 8 in any of our kits. I am not slandering the company or their invention. I am just stating we are not in conjunction.

Dustin
SBM

Ryanstones

#7 Post by Ryanstones »

What is your current turnaround time on the mysterious reliability mods, please?

I appreciate your coming here Dustin.

Jammer72

#8 Post by Jammer72 »

So what exactly does you reliability enhancement include. I keep reading about it but yet nobody seems to know what it is. I think more people would be interested if they knew what they were getting. I for one would feel a lot better knowing what I was getting.

Also we all know the stage 8 kit isn't a cure all its more like an insurance policy.You sound pretty confident in your kits ability but I would also like to have some insurance for a loose bolt.

Freakystone

#9 Post by Freakystone »

Originally posted by southbaymoto
Respestfully, the stage 8 kit is like covering canser with a bandaid.  Although it does work so will the correct hardware found at a local hardware store for $1 - $3.

There are many parts of this engine that have design flaws.  The stage 8 kit only covers one fraction of the mods. that are done in our kit.  Correcting one and not the other is a waste of your time.  It is costly and labor intensive.  I would not like to pull my engine every few months to repair a different malfunction.  This causes DNF's, loss of valuable riding time and additional parts cost.  If your time is worth money and you value your ability to ride "worry free" our basic dependability kit is not an enormus expense.  You can find it on our website www.southbaymoto.com.

We do not use nor endorse stage 8 in any of our kits.  I am not slandering the company or their invention.  I am just stating we are not in conjunction.

Dustin
SBM

Dustin, No offense but how is Southbay standing behind such claims?

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes please tell us.You dont have to say what your fixes are but at least tell us what all the problems are.I am really getting sick of people in the know.Southbay,Maz,Kram and other ex employees keeping quiet about just about everything until it becomes headline news on the forums because of multiple failures.
Bolts falling out,corrosion,unbalanced cranks,cracked liners,etc.Every one of these problems was addresed by the above people AFTER it was posted on the forums multiple times.I cant even get a answer on the crankplate I got with the extra hole on it.Why the secrets?This site and others is supposed to be about helping each other out.I know you have to make money but just stating the problems you address would probably get you more customers.
As far as the stage 8 it is insurance and I have always said that.The reason I came up with it is because I am not some insider engineer that could give answers as to why bolts were falling out I never have heard a DEFINITE answer to that one.All I know is with Stage8 the bolts will NEVER fall out.
I personally have owned my quad for three Racing seasons now and my first two motors didnt make a full season.I am not alone.
I have one more month and it looks like this one is going to have a problem free season.That was accomplished by all the people on the forums stating ALL their problems and solutions not by keeping secrets.