sprocket hub broke

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
311racer

sprocket hub broke

#1 Post by 311racer »

Dose anyone have a used lonestar sprocket hub forsale. Mine broke last weekend at my local practice track. thanks:mad:

haydug

#2 Post by haydug »

Throw it in the trash, and put your stocker on your lonestar axle. It works like a charm. I've stripped a couple of Lonestar's, but never had a problem with stocker.

:head:

311racer

#3 Post by 311racer »

i was told that the stock hub wouldn't fit because the splines are bigger or something like that. If the stock hub would fit dose anyone have one forsale i already sold mine months ago. thanks for any help.

haydug

#4 Post by haydug »

Lonestar should replace your hub for you, but I have installed several stockers on lonestar axles before. Someone out there has to have a stocker or bent axle for cheap.

thomez

#5 Post by thomez »

There is a stock axle that appears to be going with the hub on Ebay right now. Auction over in 26 minutes but it is only at $51 right now. Perfect condition. I would think that is a pretty good deal. Use the hub off of it and then have a spare axle to boot. Here is the link Axle

ppogue

LS Sucks

#6 Post by ppogue »

I concur, get a stock one, I went thru two Lonestar hubs, they suck! To give LS credit, they did replace the two I broke, but it did take over four months each time to get a replacement.
Good luck!

311racer

#7 Post by 311racer »

nobody has a sprocket hub forsale. I have a race this weekend at www. the landing mx.com in easton,md. I quess im just s***t out of luck. thanks mike sad.gif

haydug

#8 Post by haydug »

give tat at pm, tell him to send you my stock axle he has up there. I will also send him one to. I"ll square up later with you.

fourwhls

#9 Post by fourwhls »

I am a big guy and I ride hard so needless to say I have been through numerous sprocket hubs. A few lonestars and two standard RPM hubs. I stripped out the splines on all of them.

I pleaded with Jeremy at RPM to make a race hub for the Cannondale. He finally made one.

I had the same problems on my 400ex. I stripped out the sprocket hubs on a normal basis, until I bought a race hub from RPM.

The race hub is made from 7075 aluminum versus the 6061 the standard hub and LS hub are made from.

RPM and LS use the same spline count on the axle.

If you want one, you will probably need to contact RPM direct as the C'dale race hub is a new product. Also, you will need a press to install it.

Hope this helps out somebody.

haydug

#10 Post by haydug »

Give me your address, I'll get them out tomorrow.