Cannibal Help

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Jennys440dale

Cannibal Help

#1 Post by Jennys440dale »

Last week, when we were getting ready to leave Hatfield McCoy, I started my cannondale and it started, but it popped right after being started. Now it won't even start. Took it home and set it in the shed. Haven't even looked at it to see what is wrong. I'm disgusted with it.

My question is: where do I start? I will for sure start with the spark plug, (I thought these spark plugs could go for a year without being replaced??) but if that is not the problem-- what do I do next? The quad will crank, but it won't start. sad.gif

jcv440

#2 Post by jcv440 »

Does it kinda backfire under the tank when your trying to start it? Might have knocked the throttle body out of it's clamp. I'd take all the plastic off, take off the tank, replace the plug with a CR8EK, and then just check all your connections. Your bound to find something!

Jennys440dale

#3 Post by Jennys440dale »

Whew..... just a bad spark plug. Fixed it last night. What a relief. Funny thing is, I NEVER pump the gas before I start it?? So why would it have backfired and died??

Jaybr

#4 Post by Jaybr »

It's probably running a little rich, and when you start it cold a bunch of extra fuel gets dumped to the motor on top of that. I wouldn't worry about 1 plug fouling, but if it happens again get it leaned out a bit.

Motoman440

#5 Post by Motoman440 »

Glad you got it fixed and it was something simple!!!! Now you and Nick need to get out and ride the He** out of them Dales!!!!biggrin.gif