Diamond Racing Piston Kit?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Dale512

Diamond Racing Piston Kit?

#1 Post by Dale512 »

I heard Diamond Racing has a 450cc Piston & Sleeve kit, along with some other Piston and Sleeve options. Whats the deal with these, what are some advantages over stock besides the obvious more power?

Thanks

Big Winky

#2 Post by Big Winky »

that is the advantage, no replacement for displacement. really though it is more torque than anything else.

airtime

#3 Post by airtime »

winky, what are you goals as far as displacement on your stroker kit and big bore piston? 470cc? and don't for get the carb conversion for gods sake, you have a full time test pilot at your disposal, two for that matter.biggrin.gif

MotoX_Racer07

Winky

#4 Post by MotoX_Racer07 »

Winky has a motor pushing some ponies. 63 HP I believe he said. This is with carburation. I will not spill the beans on this. I will let Jim decide on weather or not he wants all the details let out. From what I know its very impressive. Far more superior than a Southbay motor.

thomez

#5 Post by thomez »

Yikes! I'd sell my soul to the devil for one of those! tongue.gif

Big Winky

#6 Post by Big Winky »

It is actually more like 58hp, VERY extreme mods, Very big stroke, 97mm piston, no bottom end power to speak of. It was an exercise in seeing how far we can push the motor. and wouldn't count on it to get me around the block for reliability. and the hp #'s were taken at the countershaft not the rear wheels. -5-8 hp for rearwheel reading. I won't even think of selling a motor unless we knew it would stay together. Southbay's work is still very good and they build their motors to stay in one piece. There is alot of difference between a dyno motor running for a few minutes and a 5 lap motocross race. Personally I feel that Southbay's hp number's are very good and they are building a reliable motor. You wouldn't drop a top fuel motor in your chevy would you?