450 450 450!!!

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
CdaleRacer0128

450 450 450!!!

#1 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

alright well its that time of year and everyone is tearing down their quads to make them up to par for next season. I know i have a lot of things to replace already and there is still one measly race left. Now, i will be headin out to champion again this winter for the crank rebuild from big winky up there, and figured while in the motor, why not do the 450 kit to get that extra torque to take out those yfzs and trx450R's next year. Who has a 450 from Big winky or Champion and what do you guys think of it..what are the reliablity problems if any, or do they increase it? Some people i have asked are certain that these are great, while others see it as a pretense to a horrific nightmare in their engines..what are your views on it if you have this done?...I think Lap Traffic has his done, anyone else ?..

Big Winky

#2 Post by Big Winky »

Christa's has had the most time on her 450, she's had electrical problems pop up but no probs connected to the piston and/or sleeve. *Winky

Pro400EXC

#3 Post by Pro400EXC »

So what you guys are saying is that a stock C-dale can't hang w/ a stock YFZ450?

A guy told me his cannibal and YFZ450 were even threw the whole race....

Thks

Big Winky

#4 Post by Big Winky »

Stock? as in cannibale stock from the factory? sorry, but no, the c-dale is a bit too heavy, but it will be close.

wanablaze

#5 Post by wanablaze »

From what I've heard, some of the yfz's weigh in around 373 with a half tank of gas. So they're not that far from a dale. And if the guy on the yfz weighed 30lbs more than some kid on a cannibal, than it may be possible that the dale is faster. Many other factors are included though. Just a thought, not flaming.

pdavis

#6 Post by pdavis »

and also, if a cannible can hang on to a yfz the the choice to go to a 450 should be obvious , to be FASTER than a yfz, but to me it is all relative, put an A rider on a blaster in the woods and i ( a "C" rider will still get beat, its not always how much power or how fast your quad is

Pro400EXC

#7 Post by Pro400EXC »

Oh I here yah on that PDavis...(hey don't you race FTR?I am in 4stk B #52)

Also guys,i was wondering is there anyway to get maybe some extra power outta them then besides the 450 kit?Like a port job maybe?Air Box, pipe?

And another quick thing, would a Moto Map be anygood for woods racing?Or stick w/ the Blaze mapping....And where can you get mapping done?

cannibalq8

#8 Post by cannibalq8 »

hmmmm... try this stuff which is really worth it :-

exhaust full system : HMF,TC or Trinity which its gain....cost 400$-500$
...7-10 horsepower

Air box : ACE RACING Air Box + Maz map...cost 300$
....6 horsepower

southbaymoto Head....cost 950$... 8 horsepower i guess

try first 2 items... if u wanna more power try S.B.M head.

Derno24

#9 Post by Derno24 »

From what I have heard the head mods are not where you can get alot of power. Pipes it sounds like everyone likes the TC. Now all I have to do is get enough money to get one and I can try it out. I have the HMF and I like it.

I have tried the moto map in the tight woods and I would not recommend it to anyone. Just too snappy. Besides top speed is the same on the Blaze and Moto the only difference is in how it comes on.

cannibalq8

#10 Post by cannibalq8 »

speed 1 B used souhbaymoto head. and he drag stroker shee. and many bigbore shee' s