Bad Cannondale Dealer

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Lightman02

Bad Cannondale Dealer

#1 Post by Lightman02 »

Live in Wayne , NJ and I bought my Cannondale from Popmton Honda, Suzuki, Cannondale. They are on route 23 in Pompton Plains, NJ. DO NOT GO THERE!!!!! They are a horrible dealer. My friend bought a Z400 there and they didnt even tighten his handle bars. He went off a small jump and they collapsed, first day he rode it, lucky he didn't get hurt. Then I bought my dale, had it for two months, rode only 3 times and the bike got oil filled in the cylender. I got all the oil out but the bike won't fire. They are telling me my coil is bad, which is strange because I havn't heard much going wrong on the coils on these things. They told me that the spring came out of it, which is funny becasue the spring has never come out on me when I've been working on it. They told me that they were going to order a coil, I asked them if they were sure it was the coil and they said well if it still doesn't work then they will go onto the next thing. I don't know about any of you, but I don't wanna pay for labor for a mechanic playing guessing games. Then they told me it takes an hour to take the bike apart to get to the plug, (takes me 10- 15 minutes) . I even overheard the mechanics say thet the dales are nightmares when I brought it in and how they have no tools to fix them such as the software. Well the dealer has two dales that have been sitting around and all I asked was they swap the coil to verify that was the problem, the answer I got was, "we don't do that for customers". Also shouldnt the dealer have AS IS on the contract when I bought the machine. Even though a company is chapter 11 doesnt mean in all cases the warranty is not honored. But it's not so much the money at all, its the dealer won't even take some extra time to verify the problem. In fact when I first brought it there they told me because Cannondales were track quads they never had a warranty. Also I asked about updates when I bought them machine and they told me that it wasn't a problem anymore. Well mine has some of them, actually most becasue it's and 03, but the others on their floor don't have any updates, not even the fuel pump wire update. After fighting with their GM who told me that he didn't have time to deal with it becasuse he has to much to do. I took my bike back as the GM said he didnt want to work on it and I got out of paying any labor but they even tried to charge me for a spark plug which I refused. They told me they support what they sell, from the looks of things, they never seen a Cannondale in their shop before.

CdaleRacer0128

#2 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

i'm sorry to hear your difficulties, but with the situation we're in, almost all cdale dealers are like that nowadays, h e ll, most of them were liek that before this ever happened, its hard to find a good one, but if you just by the D&M and read up on here, you'll be able to fix everything yourself or take a road trip from wayne, which i think is in northern eastern jersey, above me, to wilcox, pa to champion motorsports and jim and scott there will take care of you. mxracer and jcv440 are their names on here, great guys and not too far away for some good quality work on these machines

Lightman02

#3 Post by Lightman02 »

Thanks for the advice, it may be an option if I can't do it myself. The only reason I brought it there was I thought they actaully knew about these bikes. But now I discovered that they know nothing.

Big Winky

#4 Post by Big Winky »

Too bad your dealer is one of "those" dealers. We've seen alot of that since the bankrupt, But look around in the forums and you'll see that there are still quite a few of us that are reputable and do above average work. Things from general repairs to race motors for the C-dale can still be done with very little hassle.
check with:
Haydug Cycles
The Quad Shop
R&S
Champion Motorsports
ATK
Southbay
Diamond Racing
along with a few others I'm sure I missed.

thomez

#5 Post by thomez »

mxracer,

I sent ya a PM.

Good to know we still have great dealerships around that are willing to help us Cannondale owners. Thumbs up to you and the rest of Champion Motorsports.

Zack

Lightman02

#6 Post by Lightman02 »

Well what I'm wondering if a dealer sells you a quad and even if the company is chapter 11. If they don't put AS IS on the contract, are they liable for not stating that there was no waranty on the bike? I really wanna get back at my dealer.