Scavenge pump pictures

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Bags

Scavenge pump pictures

#1 Post by Bags »

Here is what happens when a piece of aluminum the size of a BB gets into the pump. Did not do any damage to the pump though. As soon as it got jammed in the pump, the plastic gear stripped and so on and so forth...the cause of the oil in airbox. Winky overnighted the metal gears to me and some extra parts and with some help had it going in a few hours. Had to pull the engine. The reangled injectors hit the radiator and fan and then it was just easier to drop the engine down a little bit. Diamond Racing is place to go with these engines. WInky has helped me out so much over the phone telling me how and what to do. If not for him...this thing would probably be on ebay or a junkyard.

Bags

#2 Post by Bags »

another one

Bags

#3 Post by Bags »

the engine.... "just hanging around"

Ryanstones

thanks for the pics Bags

#4 Post by Ryanstones »

really glad you got her going!

Derno24

#5 Post by Derno24 »

You reangled your injectors by yourself? what all was involved to do this?

thunderwolf

#6 Post by thunderwolf »

Glad you got it figured out so quickly. It took a month for my two dealers to figure out this problem a year ago.

Big Winky

#7 Post by Big Winky »

Derno, Bag's injectors were reangled as part of us building his motor, but we do them seperately as well.
Thunder... it took 2 dealers a month to figure out your problem? Whew! I don't think Bags would have wanted to wait that long. Glad to hear that Bags is back kicking yama azz. (and we build them also, and hondas).

Derno24

#8 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by Big Winky
Derno, Bag's injectors were reangled as part of us building his motor, but we do them seperately as well.
Thunder... it took 2 dealers a month to figure out your problem? Whew! I don't think Bags would have wanted to wait that long.  Glad to hear that Bags is back kicking yama azz. (and we build them also, and hondas).

Hmmmm Thanks could you PM me a price for it seperate and what would be required? I also would like to know the price on the whole shebang too. Crank, 450 kit, and such. Thanks from what I have heard it sound like angling the injectors helps alot with horsepower.

thunderwolf

#9 Post by thunderwolf »

Originally posted by Big Winky
Thunder... it took 2 dealers a month to figure out your problem? Whew! I don't think Bags would have wanted to wait that long.

Most of that time was wating for parts. That happened when Cannondale came out with the breather update. They just knew that that is what it had to be. I missed 2 races during that time and bought a Z400 for a backup bike while the Cannondale was down.