help, again...

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
00Honda400EX

help, again...

#1 Post by 00Honda400EX »

Well it won't run, again. I've tightened every ground I know where is at, I pulled the plug and it was fine, cleaned it and reinstalled. The only thing left I can think of is the fuel lines.

This is whats going on:

It will start, idle, and when you get on the gas it will sputter, then backfire, and if you stay on the gas it will die. The backfires are so loud it scares me. I've done everything I can think of except pull apart the fuel lines. Anything you guys can think of before I start that? I'm not sure I'm getting to all the grounds, I may not be but I don't know where anymore are. Can someone post up where they are? Pics would be awsome but not expected.

The temp is only 17* but I know a lot of people ride these things on the ice and I had no problems in the 2x* weather.

Whatever is wrong as been wrong since the day I got this thing. Every single time I've ridden it, it's spitted and sputtered then I messed with the grounds and it ran fine, well this time it's not running fine anymore. I can't give it ever 1/4 throttle or it will backfire and stall.

Please help I really want to get this thing out on the ice.

Edit: This machine has less than 6 hours on it btw. All updates are done.

00Honda400EX

#2 Post by 00Honda400EX »

It was the other ground wire I could find.

Thanks though. Posted here and at cannondalers.com after working on it for about 4 hours and had it running in 5 minutes. These sites are great, even though I'm still in a bad mood lol.

440EX4ME

#3 Post by 440EX4ME »

Originally posted by 00Honda400EX
It was the other ground wire I could find.  

Thanks though.  Posted here and at cannondalers.com after working on it for about 4 hours and had it running in 5 minutes.  These sites are great, even though I'm still in a bad mood lol.

I reading your story and what the problem ended up being etc, and am laughing (especially the still in a bad mood) cause I just had the same problem with my Chevy. Isnt EFI fun smile.gif

You think removing half the quad to get to a plug is a pain, then how about proving several mechanics wrong by reconnecting a ground wire on a fuel pump that requires that the tank be removed. What a blast.

Glad to hear you figured it out.