KTM sprocket difference

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Bags

KTM sprocket difference

#1 Post by Bags »

Well after screwing up my slave cylinder, I have found the problem...The KTM counter sprocket has the same spline specs, but the offset is different. The C-dale needs to have a sprocket that is centered to the same as the width of the teeth. The KTM sprocket is offset to one side by about 1/16". I first put shims on it and tried all sorts, but no luck. Then decided to grind down the offset side and bolt it on. I guess I should have ground a little more. The "Sidewinder" chain kept rubbing on the clutch slave cylinder just a little bit for no telling how long until it finally popped the master link off and then tore the **** out of everything on its way out the back. Took out the clutch slave cylinder, the sprocket guard and mounting perch casted on the case, the lower chain roller, and the chain buffer. Here are some pics.

Bags

#2 Post by Bags »

slave cylinder

Bags

#3 Post by Bags »

Stock 13 tooth on the right, KTM 14 tooth on the left

Bags

#4 Post by Bags »

Side view

Bags

#5 Post by Bags »

Anyone got a slave cylinder I can buy and get on before this weekend? Thanks.

Bags

thomez

#6 Post by thomez »

Haydug hooked me up with one... he wanted me to just find him a replacement (which I have).

If you need one super fast he got me one in the mail next day.

I also know that Cdaleparts.com and Maz have some as that is where I got mine to send to Doug today!

Ryanstones

Ouch

#7 Post by Ryanstones »

that sucks

rolleyes.gif

haydug

#8 Post by haydug »

I have been running this sprocket with no problems so far, I put the "shank" in toward the engine, and I have plenty of room between the chain and slave cylinder. I am however going to look into this, I just checked a stocker, and yes there is a difference, looks like stock is centered with small shank on both sides. I just spoke with Jay, and looks like Rocky Mountain is offering cannondale front sprockets, so I'm going to order one and see if it is a KTM sprocket or not.

thomez

#9 Post by thomez »

Doug can you send me your address real quick so I can mail our your slave cyl ? Thanks

btolenti

#10 Post by btolenti »

Bags,

Is it just me or do you have your left and right screwed up on the above pics. I count 14 tooth on the right....