Will I notice a Difference?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Dale512

Will I notice a Difference?

#1 Post by Dale512 »

I'm considering sending my motor too Winky for the crank balancing, reangled Injectors, & 450 setup. Will I notice a big difference?

I should also note I'm probably going with Abbott's Airfilter Setup.

Thanks

Sandstorm

#2 Post by Sandstorm »

Yes

btolenti

#3 Post by btolenti »

Does a bear fall in the woods if no one hears it? Of course! :head:

Ryanstones

It's a huge difference

#4 Post by Ryanstones »

You'd know exactly where your money went!

DangerRanger

#5 Post by DangerRanger »

best investment besides buying a cannondale...Jim definitely knows his $hit!!!!

Ben

wanablaze

Re: Will I notice a Difference?

#6 Post by wanablaze »

Originally posted by Dale512
I'm considering sending my motor too Winky for the crank balancing, reangled Injectors, & 450 setup. Will I notice a big difference?

Thanks

If someone stole one of your beers, would you notice?
:drink:

Off topic, just thought I'd ask. (Jim hasn't serviced my quad.)

Swampdale

#7 Post by Swampdale »

I got the same set up from Jim and It's Awsome.

Derno24

Re: Will I notice a Difference?

#8 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by Dale512

Thanks

I thought I read somewhere you ran in the woods? Abbott's airfilter won't protect your motor doing trail riding or xc. I asked already and he didn't suggest using it.

Swampdale

#9 Post by Swampdale »

Sorry, everything but the filter. I'm running the stock airbox and filter. The engine has 450 kit, reangled injectors, Crank balanced with new Carrillo rod and ball bearings, timing advanced, minor intake track clean-up, scotts filter and some extra blings. I also shortened the HMF 3" to prevent damage from re-ending. Still gobs of low end and seem to help the top a bit. I ran it for the first time without electrial problems this past weekend, and I promise you won't be dissappointed. It's very strong yet driveable. I am not a drag racer, but I couldn't help my self yesterday. Everyone wanted to run me. The only guy to beat me was on a yzf450 motorcycle, although he only pulled me at the end. I was still running a tad rich and had the stock Blaze mapping loaded. The reangled injectors make it impossible to flood or foul plugs and adds a bit of extra responsiveness. All thes guys doing work on these motors are really good, but Jim is an artist when it comes to the internals.

Speed Rider

#10 Post by Speed Rider »

Good information.
I am getting the same modifications from Haydug. The beast should be ready in a couple of weeks.
I am getting a ported head, HMF exhaust, 450 kit, re-angled injectors, crank balanced, stud update.....and I get to put it all back together. tongue.gif

Can you still run the quiet kit for the HMF if you shorten the length by a few inches?