Evans and Redline

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Lippy91

Evans and Redline

#1 Post by Lippy91 »

Hey Guys, I know alot of you guys use evans coolant , I was just wondering wich one? NPG or NPG+? Also when it comes to Redline oils and tranny oils which models do you guys use, Thanx I would like to place my order this week , so any feedback would be great:cheers: :drink:

Jaybr

#2 Post by Jaybr »

I run NPG+, Redline 10w40 and Superlight Shockproof in the tranny and have had good luck with them. I know some others are running the 40wt race oil and Lightweight Shockproof.

Swampdale

#3 Post by Swampdale »

Talked to the engineering guys at Evans yesterday. They have released a new "R" version or Race Formula of their NPG+. It's cheaper, has a lower viscostiy but with a freeze point of -10F instead of -40. The boiling point remains approximately the same. I'm switching to the Race formula.

Derno24

#4 Post by Derno24 »

Engine Ice works as well for coolant. Also I use Amsoil for the motor. i know you didn't ask just thought I would offer alternatives.

Swampdale

#5 Post by Swampdale »

I believe Engine Ice is still an aqueous based coolant. Water is the prime reason for magnes. valve cover corrossion.

Mjollnir

#6 Post by Mjollnir »

Originally posted by Jaybr
I run NPG+, Redline 10w40 and Superlight Shockproof in the tranny and have had good luck with them.  I know some others are running the 40wt race oil and Lightweight Shockproof.

And once again, Jay, great minds think alike.

Lippy, I also run NPG+, Redline 10w40 in the motor and Superlight Shockproof in the tranny. Also had very good luck with them.

Marc

thomez

#7 Post by thomez »

Originally posted by Mjollnir
And once again, Jay, great minds think alike.

Lippy, I also run NPG+, Redline 10w40 in the motor and Superlight Shockproof in the tranny. Also had very good luck with them.

Marc

That is a great combo. Not what I run, but a great combo none the less smile.gif

KYmxracer52

#8 Post by KYmxracer52 »

I've been running Engine Ice in mine ever since it was new, and I've had no problems what so ever.

DMAC10

#9 Post by DMAC10 »

I'm currently running the Engine Ice and I've had no problems.

I use the Redline lightweight shockproof in the tranny, works great.

In the engine I'm using the Mobile 1 synthetic, no problems. I'd rather have the Redline but no one has it locally.