Need new rear sprocket and chain

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
LapTraffic

Need new rear sprocket and chain

#1 Post by LapTraffic »

Rear sprocket is starting to show wear as is the stock chain.

I'm currently running 14/42, but was considering dropping the rear to 40 or 38. Do you guys think that's a good move for Hare scrambles? Im not into 5th very often as it stands now except for some desert stuff. Just wondering on some recommendations and what the effects would be.

Also
What rear sprocket is the same as our dales if I was to pick one up at rocky mountain?

Is aluminum a good choice or does it wear too quickly?

Is the DID MX Chain a good selection? I sw that recommended on another board and it looks to be the strongest O ring chain available.

Thanks for the help, havent had to worry too much about this stuff and I want to make sure I pick up the right stuff.

Derno24

#2 Post by Derno24 »

Honda rear sprockets are the same as our dales. If you want to try a 39 rear let me know I'll send you mine to try.

cdrookie

#3 Post by cdrookie »

hey derno, i'll take that 39t if laptraffic doesn't want it. what do you want for it?

thomez

#4 Post by thomez »

Sidewinder

EuroGOD

#5 Post by EuroGOD »

Whilst we're all telling you different things....
I'd go for a Daisy chain and some BMX sprockets, lube it all with peanut oil and you'll be the king of the hill.

Failing that DID/Sidewinder wink.gif

LapTraffic

#6 Post by LapTraffic »

LOL

Thanks for the offer Derno, what do you want for the sprocket?

I havent taken mine off yet, are they all aluminum or are they steel? I got an aluminum sprocket for my warrior that lasted about 3 weeks.

So smaller in the rear will lengthen each gear and give me more top end right? Same effect as going larger in the front.

Will a 15t fit in the front?

cdrookie

#7 Post by cdrookie »

midwest action cycle has a new chain made by cz. i got one for my 'zilla and was impressed. they are real affordable($50 for o ring i think) and most importantly- they look pretty with their gold colored side plates!

EuroGOD

#8 Post by EuroGOD »

Originally posted by LapTraffic
Will a 15t fit in the front?

Yup! Give the ATK site a quick looking at, they should have 'em on sale.

haydug

#9 Post by haydug »

I run a 38t on the rear of my woods bike. I have DID o-ring chains for $50. I also have Talon gold rear sprockets, 38t that I have had real good luck with.
The smaller rear will let you pull longer in each gear. I hardly ever hit first now even with the smaller sprocket. I am running 14t front. I usually try and stay in 3rd most of the time, this motor pulls it good, sometimes I have to stab the clutch to keep my momentum in the turns, but no shifting coming out of the turns, just roll the throttle on and hang on.

cdalepilot

#10 Post by cdalepilot »

14 / 39 combo with blaze map is the bomb !:head: