Reinstalling hydrolic clutch problem

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Lightman02

Reinstalling hydrolic clutch problem

#1 Post by Lightman02 »

I got my motor back from ATK. I went to put the Hydrolic clutch back on and I wasn't sure but it seemed the clutch rod was out alittle more then I remember it. I could be wrong. Anyway I put the slave cylender on and I noticed there was alittle tension from the rod as I was putting it on, I had to press on it to seat it and then put the screws in. I tested the lever and it feels normal. however when I go to press the clutch and put the bike in gear, I'll realease the clutch and the bike will lock in gear as it should, However when I hold the clutch down with th bike in gear it does move but seems like there is resistance, like the clutch is still partly engaged. I assume that in gear with the clutch pulled in should feel like neutral, right? At first I'm thinking my fluid got low so without the clutch pulled in I open the cylendar and fluid was coming out, almost like it was under pressure. Should there be and resistance on the hydrolic clutch when not pulled in? Keep in mind the engine was not running, this was just a roll test. Is it possible the rod didn't seat all the way? Is there a reason it wouldn't. I already know about the small bearing behind the rod and I assume it in there ,otherwisse the rod would be in to far. Any suggestions???

newdaler

#2 Post by newdaler »

have you bleed the clutch cly with a seringe its like reverse bleeding injecting mineral oil from the bottom up

Lightman02

#3 Post by Lightman02 »

no, but i didnt think you ad to because i removed the whole slave cylender and I didn't remove the clutch cable. Should I bleed it anyway??

Jammer72

#4 Post by Jammer72 »

If you didnt disconnect the slave cylinder than theres no need to rebleed it. You didnt pull the clutch lever while it was apart did you? If so you could have broke the slave.

Lightman02

#5 Post by Lightman02 »

No, the slave looks fine and is working . because the clutch does release when the handel in pushed in but the wheel still drag some, so the clutch is not releasing all the way. My main concern is should there be and resistance in the slave cylandar when reinstalling it, becasue there was some on mine.

jfarrar

#6 Post by jfarrar »

when reinstalling the slave cylinder there will be resistance as the rod pushes the piston back in the slave cylinder.i push the slave cylinder in with my thumbs untill it is seated against the case before i install any bolts.it does take a bit of force to do this.if the drag onthe clutch is excessive you may need to adj the screw on the pressure plate so that it will further dissengage

Lightman02

#7 Post by Lightman02 »

I would have thought ATK would have done this, or is that something that has to be done because it varies, as in not all bikes are equal?

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

All the symptoms you have stated sound fairly normal to me.There will be a little drag even with the lever pulled in.Put the quad in neutral,hold the brake,start it up,pull in the clutch,put it in gear and ride.As the clutch breaks in everything will be fine.

Lightman02

#9 Post by Lightman02 »

Ok, i will try that , as soon as I get me TPS sensor issue fixed. thanks