Look what I got

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Jaybr

Look what I got

#1 Post by Jaybr »

Finally got my FDO head. I only took a couple quick pics before installing it, so if you can't see something in the pics, sorry.

I'm going to try and get the quad on the dyno soon to see what we've got.

Jaybr

#2 Post by Jaybr »

Reangled injectors

Derno24

#3 Post by Derno24 »

OOoooooh look at those bungs.

thomez

#4 Post by thomez »

So Jay, any opinions on the quality of the work? Like it, happy with it? Tell.. tell! smile.gif

Jaybr

#5 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by thomez
So Jay, any opinions on the quality of the work? Like it, happy with it? Tell.. tell! smile.gif

Being a computer guy, not an engine guy I'm not sure my opinion would be worth much on this one. I think it looks really good, I did compare it side by side to one of the other engine builders heads, and everything looks alot cleaner on this one. The intake valves are actually smaller on this head than stock and I remember a post or email from one of the Cannondale engineers saying this could improve HP. The injectors are now pointing strait down at the valves, which I would think is better.

The real test from my perspective will be when I get the motor running and get it on a dyno.

thomez

#6 Post by thomez »

Thanks for the info :head:

I can't wait to get mine biggrin.gif

LOL that I have been for like 4 months now :eek:

Mjollnir

#7 Post by Mjollnir »

Nothing like a little head, huh Jay?

Looks good, can't wait to see what it does on the dyno.

Jaybr

#8 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by Mjollnir
Nothing like a little head, huh Jay?

smile.gif

Swampdale

#9 Post by Swampdale »

Excuse my ignorance, but who is FDO and what did that set you back?

haydug

#10 Post by haydug »

FDO: For Dirt Only.
These heads have been in the making for awhile now. Mike first ported a head for me long before Cannondale went south. After they(Cannondale) seen the dyno sheets, and learned the numbers we pulled, they wanted to see it. We were going to do another, but my bike was stolen, and at the time you couldn't get a deal on one anywhere. So, I scrapped the idea and went back to riding the old 400ex. Now that I am back on the dales, I wanted another head, so I sent some up, and this is his latest creation.
I believe that Jay's motor will top over 50 h.p. on the dyno pretty easy. I can't wait to see dyno numbers, or hear his full report on it. Anyone interested in a head, pm me and I'll tell all details, BUT, there is a wait at the moment. I have several motors in line for this, and besides that, I WANT ONE!! LOL