Fuel pump not priming

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
DangerRanger

#1 Post by DangerRanger »

Sounds like the ECU Fuel pump circuit is gone, but there is a way around it if you don't want to buy one. Hit me up and I can talk you through it, it is real easy.

Ben Wrightsman
317-331-1197 cell

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Relay is worth a try but in testing the relays the Ohm readings never matched the specs cannondale had.I believe the ECU powers up the relay.

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Ben has your solution.It is a wiring harness update so this never happens again.

claas900

#4 Post by claas900 »

You know talking about the relay,the only one i know of is the one under the air filter,i had the same issues your haveing. I was able to get one at Napa. In fact im sure i gave out that part # on this sight at one time? Im looking for it now with no luck. But with mine it wasnt the relay, it was the kill switch and it wouldnt do it all the time,so it was a pain to find. But yeah dang kill switch.

claas900

#5 Post by claas900 »

here i found it just for FYI "I got it from Not All Parts Available,or better know as N.A.P.A...lol..Part # is AR287 its a special relay cuzz it has a diaod built into it."

Mjollnir

#6 Post by Mjollnir »

What's next?

I would assume that what's next is DangerRanger's fix that has been mentioned 3 or 4 times... :confused:

EuroGOD

#7 Post by EuroGOD »

Brian I know this is going to sound a little arogant, but purchasing a D&M kit would be quite a useful tool for you right now.
Rather than just randomly replace parts, you could pinpoint the problem in under 5 minutes...

Haydug has D&M kits so hit him up for one.

If you don't want to go this route, the next step would be to ask someone with a D&M kit and see if they will re-program your ECU. As far as some companies actually charging money for mapping changes :w: :w:

Jaybr

#8 Post by Jaybr »

Brian,

If the ECU lost the hex code, you would see the problem your having (I say this from experience). You may not need any parts, just a simple reprogaming.

You could send your ECU to a dealer and have them check it, or like Euro said purchase the D&M kit.

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

I told you the relay specs are wrong.DO NOT BUY A RELAY AT NAPA IT WILL PERMANENTLY FRY YOUR ECU.The stock relay looks the same but has a diode in it a normal relay such as NAPA has doesnt.
Danger rangers harness bypasses the entire ecu for fuel pump.So in some cases it will fix the fried ECU if only the fuel pump circuit has been fried.This is not always the case.Best way to find out is to reload the HEX code like has been said.If the ECU accepts the HEX it may fix your whole problem,may allow it to run with Danger Rangers update or if it doesnt you will need a new ECU.

claas900

#10 Post by claas900 »

..The one i got at NAPA does have a diode in it,we knew this when we were looking for one. Out of all the dummies at NAPA we got the only smart one..I guess a person could look up the part # at NAPA to make sure it does have a diode in it.