Question??

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Drew

Question??

#1 Post by Drew »

I had the dale out today and it ran great, but towards the end of the day I heard it make a different sound - sounded like a faint whine (almost like a super charger on a car). It was real faint, but no change in performance and it didn't happen all the time. the problem is, when I took it out of the back of my truck to wash it there was oil in the back of my truck towards the front. I couldn't see where it came from! any suggestions as what to look at or any ideas where to start?

Thanks,

Jaybr

#2 Post by Jaybr »

The oil probably came out of the vent hose in the airbox. The most common cause for this is overfilling the oil. There is also an update for the breather routing.

My first guess on the whining sound would be the fuel pump. Check your fuel filter and the O-ring in the fuel tank fittings.

thomez

#3 Post by thomez »

Is the whining just the fan on the radiator? sounds like it.

Make sure you don't have a crack in the front of your case, that would be the area... motor mount update??

Drew

#4 Post by Drew »

thanks guys, I don't have any time to look at it yet, but first I will check the air box....gives me somewhere to start.

Drew

#5 Post by Drew »

looks like it all came out into the airbox. The steering stem and radiator had oil on it, the bottom of the airbox was soaked and also the bottom of the air filter was soaked. Is there anything special I should do to it or just change the oil??

thomez

#6 Post by thomez »

Do you have a hose coming from your oil drain plug? If you do, you need the update. Contact Haydug.

garysol1

#7 Post by garysol1 »

I have not heard about this update......I have the hose on my left frame drain. Can you tell me what this update is?

Originally posted by thomez
Do you have a hose coming from your oil drain plug? If you do, you need the update. Contact Haydug.

thomez

#8 Post by thomez »

Brad77

#9 Post by Brad77 »

Hey garysol1,

I think you may be talking about that rubber hose that is for draining the oil out of the drain bolt that is on the frame right above the swingarm pivot bolt.

That hose is ok, the one in the update is connected to the drain bolt that is on the lower right side of the engine.

Drew

#10 Post by Drew »

I finally got to take a look at the dale today and I started it and it started spitting oil out of the hole inside the air filter - The quad isn't overfilled with oil because I didn't do anything to it since I bought it about 4 months ago, I only have ridden it with no problems. It also has the oil update. What should I check for???? Any input would be great.

thanks