The Cannonbomb Exploded Again

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Kos462

The Cannonbomb Exploded Again

#1 Post by Kos462 »

Went riding out coal hill last sunday, and when i was riding The bomb hesatated a little so i gassed it and it would rev and then just shut right off and wouldnt crank over, Got TOWED back ONCE again and we tore the motor out for the 4TH Time now Since i baught it last year and the Conecting Rod Bering Locked up, Every thing else was coated in oil nothing else is wrong with it.

Does Anybody No Y The Bering Would Lock UP???? Or is it just a cannonbomb thing.

Kos462

#2 Post by Kos462 »

And Do any of use guys no who can press the connecting rod berings on and off and who sells them

THANKS FOR THE HELP

EuroGOD

#3 Post by EuroGOD »

Crank problems are, sadly, a regular occurance with quite a few C'dale engines.
There is a fix, a fellow member, Big Winky has devised how to make these things "bomb" proof....Check the website out here!

They have some mighty fine upgrades there as well...give 'em a buzz.

Kos462

#4 Post by Kos462 »

thanks for the help man but i think 600 dollars is just a bit radical do ya no who made the connecting rod and pistons and the berings

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

Your engine has been apart 4 times . That sucks . What were the failures. If there was metal in your oil I hope you washed out your frame spars so you didnt contaminate the fresh engine . It would be a neverending nightmare to skip that step. You could try atk .I believe they have balanced cranks now .I dont know the price.

bknight

#6 Post by bknight »

washed out your frame spars so you didnt contaminate the fresh engine . :confused: :confused:
my i ask how do you do that

jcv440

#7 Post by jcv440 »

Kos,

Wink is your only option right now. Spend the $600 and do it right. wink.gif

DangerRanger

#8 Post by DangerRanger »

Why on god's green earth do we ***** about spending $600 on an $9000 dollar machine....but don't bat an eye for $500 on an $3000 400ex???

I learned something along time ago, and it is always true....if you don't do it right the first time, you will be doing it wrong over and over again.

Check with W'inky...he will do ya right, and put his name on the line for everything he works on. you won't be dissapointed.

Ben

NRath

#9 Post by NRath »

Sounds to me like your haveing more than just a problem with bad cranks. The word is that there were some bad cartridge plates made. Basically, the crank holes didn't line up. I don't think anyone ever said which way the holes were off. But, if the holes were off up and down, the result would be the problem your having. As well as excessive crank bearing wear. In your shoes, I would definitely not replace another crank without a new cartridge plate.

As for identifying the "bad" cartridge plates, I don't know. Someone may know the time frame they were made.

jcv440

#10 Post by jcv440 »

I'll second what Ben said. No sense in dropping the motor for a fifth time. Just do it right, and she'll be golden. ANd Wink is the man. Have him do all your work, you won't be dissapointed. Alot of guys on here had motor work done by him, and I haven't ridden a faster Cannondale yet!