02 speed seized

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
thomez

#1 Post by thomez »

You might find it is a crank bearing, more common occurance lately. One of the bolts could have also backed out, did the motor have any preventative measures to stop such a thing? If not ... it could be either. :confused:

NRath

#2 Post by NRath »

Thomez has got you started. I'd say to pull the left side cover off, which will expose the hole side of the engine. Then check for tranny and crank cartridge plate bolts backing out. You'll be able to see them all. If they're all still in their holes, time to pull it on down.

You'll definitely want to click-->Here for the engine manual. It'll tell you everything you need for the rebuild.

Let us know what you find.

garysol1

#3 Post by garysol1 »

I wanted to give this a guy a thumbs up. Not a lot of shops would take the time to register and come on here seeking the info on the Dale. They would just tear into it blindly till they found something. Good luck and please keep us informed.

EuroGOD

I'll second that!!!

#4 Post by EuroGOD »

Originally posted by garysol1
I wanted to give this a guy a thumbs up. Not a lot of shops would take the time to register and come on here seeking the info on the Dale. They would just tear into it blindly till they found something. Good luck and please keep us informed.

:clap: ...and also to you garysol...
First post and it was a compliment.:welcome:
People start with "OMG this thing is a money pit :hammer: "

cannibalq8

#5 Post by cannibalq8 »

same as my engine :mad:

Jaybr

#6 Post by Jaybr »

The engine manual in Nrath's link is down. I had to pull it off the site last week to free up space, a new drive was added and I'm putting it back now. Should work fine in about 30 minutes when it's done copying.

cannibalq8

#7 Post by cannibalq8 »

yo m0n5t3r?!?! ... i guess my problem exactly is ur problem sad.gif(((((.... i was in 5th gear WOT and its died suddenly :cry:

my engine is oil messed :cry:

how much u fix it?

Big Winky

#8 Post by Big Winky »

Machman, give me a call. Diamond Racing 814-796-2066 eastern standard time 8-5, m-f.