Really fast C-Dale Winter Project!!

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Birddog5150

#1 Post by Birddog5150 »

Pleeeaasse keep us informed on how everthing turns out.. Unbelievable #'s :eek:

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Wow this is great news.How did they take the fact that they are going to be working on a quad not a bike?I think they will be doing a lot more quads than bikes.

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

I wonder if they tried putting a turbo on a dale yet the dune guys would love that?

MXMIKE

#4 Post by MXMIKE »

Im defantly interested,but the cash flow is not there right now.Keep us posted please.

LapTraffic

#5 Post by LapTraffic »

Where in CA are these guys at? I work in the bay area. My mike is up in Washington State, but I wouldnt mind dropping by the shop and getting an education.

Just curious, what does a port polish and trinity pipe with Mapping give in comparison to this setup?

LapTraffic

#6 Post by LapTraffic »

Im just looking at value for HP gain.

What's the cost for the trinity work? 400 for the pipe and map, what about port and polish?

mountainman10

#7 Post by mountainman10 »

They told me that the port and polish is $350.

LapTraffic

#8 Post by LapTraffic »

So if the numbers are right

Southbay will give you 16hp for 2299
Thats $143 per horse

Trinity apparently gives a 16hp gain as well if the 53hp figure is accurate. I'll use 13hp gain as an error factor. So 13hp gain for ~750 (400 for pipe, 350 for port and polish)
Thats $57 per horse.

Pretty big difference in values.

Still interested in the bore job tho

mountainman10

#9 Post by mountainman10 »

I dont see how there is any way the trinity port and polish can give you the same power as southbay with all of the other things they do. I think the only way to truly compare the two is to put them on the same dyno and see how they stack up.

LapTraffic

#10 Post by LapTraffic »

Is an HMF full system THAT much better than a trinity? 3-4 for the trinity and 7 for the HMF? That's a huge difference?

Thanks for pointing that stuff out. Im definately not poo pooing the Southbay, as I said Im still really interested, I just want to be able to a cost comparison per horsepower gained.

Really suprised that trinities pipe is so low, that was what I was going to go with. Also, I heard their map was free with pipe? did I get bunk information? No way I'd pay 75 bucks for a map

So if I say you sent me what kind of deal can I expect to get? I dont want to hassle them with a pointles call as Im a ways off from doing this.

Oh, and not to be stickler, I dont think you included the HMF full pipe price in your 23 HP gain (to 61) when you figgured cost per horse power. Whats an HMF full system go for anyway?

Thanks for the feedback