how much of an increase??

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
C_dale19mx

how much of an increase??

#1 Post by C_dale19mx »

Well as far as performance parts go..i just ordered from abbotts racing..the custom air filter and air box setup.. 39 tooth rear sproket... and the cannondale speed ignition mapping with custom tweaks because of the air filter and box set up... .. all this jumped from a stock cannibal... should i notice a big increase in power like everyone is saying i should?? im just curious to see how it will preform! smile.gif especially from my stocker machine

thomez

#2 Post by thomez »

Couple HP maybe. The 2 maps are the same except the higher rev limit for the Speed. I haven't seen any dyno info on the air filter setup to say much about it.

You need to do somethin about that toaster so you can run any map you want, then you will see some even better HP numbers. I think the Blaze/Moto were rated about 6 HP above the Cannibal and probably 4 or 5 above the Speed.

Either way, its a Cannondale. It will rip as always smile.gif biggrin.gif :head:

sillysspeed

#3 Post by sillysspeed »

i'm sure you will notice a difference. Abbotts work is top notch. But, i would get a better pipe at the same time. TC, HMF, FT, BG:usa

Coleridge

#4 Post by Coleridge »

I noticed a good bit of difference when I went from my stock cannibal & remapped with moto/speed hybrid with a fmf. Faster top end of course, but it doesn??????????????????t bog or choke at low rev in the tight spots (best part for my trail rides). It pulls like a beast. A loud beast! But a beast none the less.
Like they said, get another pipe.

EuroGOD

#5 Post by EuroGOD »

I hate to say this, but you're not going to get your moneys worth unless you fit a free flowing exhaust as well.
Seeing as you have a '03 Cannibal, I can assume that you have the square "toaster" exhaust, this gives you 2 options;
a: Pick up an FT Performance exhaust and attach it to your stock header.
b: Buy a full system.
c: Buy an '02 header and use one of the slip-ons available for that.

Sounds like a nice project and yes, you will be able to feel and see
(read skidmarx) the difference.....after you sort your exhaust.

cdalepilot

#6 Post by cdalepilot »

C_dale19mx, you will notice a big difference with the set -up you went with, but you should look at the kind of riding you do mostly, from the looks of your username it looks like mx is your forte ? then you should upgrade your exhaust and the mapping together. whatever you decide to go with, ''enjoy the rush''smile.gif

TheJaspMan

#7 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by EuroGOD
I hate to say this, but you're not going to get your moneys worth unless you fit a free flowing exhaust as well.
Seeing as you have a '03 Cannibal, I can assume that you have the square "toaster" exhaust, this gives you 2 options;
a: Pick up an FT Performance exhaust and attach it to your stock header.
b: Buy a full system.
c: Buy an '02 header and use one of the slip-ons available for that.

Sounds like a nice project and yes, you will be able to feel and see
(read skidmarx) the difference.....after you sort your exhaust.

Are you going to get much extra with the full system? Or is the FT Perf about as good as it gets?

cdalepilot

#8 Post by cdalepilot »

it would be interesting to hear the responses to the second question you have jaspman , becouse as far as i know this modified tc cannister has not been made available to the public as of yet ? i could be wrong though ? its funny to hear people recommending the ft when maybe only two riders are using it ?:rotf the numbers may be close to the tc cannister ?:confused:

EuroGOD

#9 Post by EuroGOD »

Originally posted by TheJaspMan
Are you going to get much extra with the full system? Or is the FT Perf about as good as it gets?

That's a trick question so I'll answer simply...
Different length header pipes will provide power at different points in the rev range.
The stock headers flow well and provide great power down low. Combine them with an open flowing exhaust and you'll get a great alround combo. I will recommend the FT Perf as it is tuneable and keeps some fellow 'dalers alive.

cdalepilot

#10 Post by cdalepilot »

which cdalers own the ft cannister eurogod ?:confused: