Bigger Throttle Body?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Dale512

Bigger Throttle Body?

#1 Post by Dale512 »

I was thinking would a bigger Throttle Body make anymore power on these machines? What size is the one on the GasGas ATV? Maybe if its bigger it can be adapted too our machines or another Throttle Body. Anyone ever tried it or thought of it? Bigger Injectors or Fuel Pump Maybe? Dunno, I don't know much about this kinda stuff at all, just throwing some ideas out there.

Also is is Multi-Port type injection better than TB? Whats the advantages/Disadvantages?

claas900

#2 Post by claas900 »

...Iv thought of the same thing a number of times. I heard SMO was playing with a bigger one,but i dont know the out come. Im not sure what the gas gas has either. Iv thought about bigger Injectors also,but i dont think it needs better ones,maybe one that has a better spray might be better???Multi-Port is spouse to be better the injector is right there,by the valve. And TB is more or less just a carb with injectors..As far as i know Multi-Port is better in ever way? I think the injector right over the piston would be best tho??? or next to the spark plug??

rope83

#3 Post by rope83 »

I have actually reading up on a lot of EFI technology and there is a car manufacturer that has developed a direct injection setup like you explained. ???????????????Something about being able to run it very lean like 40:1 for environmental regulations but there were a lot of problems keeping it reliable. I don??????????????????t know how accurate that information is. But the injectors right behind the intake valves would be a great benefit and more do able than the direct injection. I don??????????????????t know what kind of spay pattern or the other variables that would have to be altered. I am out at school at university of Wyoming and I am near WTO Tech which they say is the best automotive school at the time ???????????????. So I figured I would try to go talk to one of the teachers who specializes in fuel injection. I am going back to pa for my break so hopefully I will be able to get some good info when I get back.

rope83

#4 Post by rope83 »

sorry that is WYO Tech

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

The teachers at wyotech are great . They will drink you under the table and back you in a bar fight.LOL I graduated there in the 80s. Best money I ever spent.:drink:

haydug

#6 Post by haydug »

I have been talking with a injector manufacturer about different injectors that not only flow better, but also have multiple spray holes rather than the one large hole that our injector's have.
I also have a throttle body at a machine shop being bored out and a new throttle plate made for it as well. I'll keep you posted.

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

Haydug are you sure your injectors only have 1 hole?Mine have two small holes maybe they used different injectors also.

Our fuel injection is like Multiport.Throttlebody injection injects the gas before the throttleplate.Direct injection injects it directly into the cylinder after the valves.

cannibalq8

#8 Post by cannibalq8 »

i heard that Wade working for making bigger throttle body for our dales