hoses walkthrough

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Happyboy

hoses walkthrough

#1 Post by Happyboy »

OK, being new to this I ran into the same questions many other have had. I searched my ars off and found most of the answers but they were scattered. Can someone give a rundown of the vent hoses on this thing. Oil and cooland are pretty obviouse but when a vent hose or 2 are loose it gets messy. The big one that loses me is the vent on the left side of the motor on the top.

cdale440

hoses

#2 Post by cdale440 »

are you sure they are not the vacuum hoses?

speed2424

Hoses

#3 Post by speed2424 »

If you are talking about the hose coming off the top of the motor on the left side,it either ties into a "cross "with the fuel regulator,the air box,& ecu. Or you have the kind that runs down near the battery and just ends there open ended.It depends what year you have.Look to see if you have a "cross" or a "tee"connecting the fuel regulator ,air box to the ecu.smile.gif

RatSoup

#4 Post by RatSoup »

Now, If you have the open ended type wouldn't it be better to convert it to the "T" style? Or is there a reason you couldn't.

--soup

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

The hose coming off the left top of motor is the tranny vent hose.
It is usually ziptied to the framerail the fuel pump is on.It just hangs downward.All years.

The others: ECU T airbox

Fuelregulator

iceracer17

#6 Post by iceracer17 »

Steve,my 03' had the one on the left side going to a 4 way with the other vacuum lines.(ecu,fuel reg.,and air box).

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

If so where is the tranny vent line?Why would they connect a vent line to the other lines?Something isnt right there.Probably another assembly hiccup:eek: