self-bleeding coolant ?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
exrider

self-bleeding coolant ?

#1 Post by exrider »

How can you tell if your quad has the self-bleeding coolant pump cover and coolant bottle or the non-self bleeding system ?

Ryanstones

#2 Post by Ryanstones »

self bleeding has a smallish hose coming off the top of the resevoir, behind the cap.smile.gif

FUGITV

#3 Post by FUGITV »

self bleeding has a hose that runs between the bottle, and the top of the water pump cover. there is a little spout right up top by the bleeder bolt. non bleeding system dont have the hose, or the outlet on hte water pump cover. to bleed it when you put new coolant in, start the machine and crack the top bolt til constant fluid comes out. then you're ready to ride:head:

Pro400EXC

#4 Post by Pro400EXC »

I think thats a negatory,cause mine has the lil hose from the rezzy to the w/p cover,and i had to crack the lil bolt cause the rad. wasn't getting hot.

FUGITV

#5 Post by FUGITV »

i was told by atk that the self bleeder (with the hose to the bottle) took care of itself. the ones without the hose, you had to crack the bolt. just what i was told on their tech line:cry:

speed2424

Plugged bleeder line

#6 Post by speed2424 »

If the self bleeder hose is blocked at the water pump the hose will not work. My 03 speed only had about 10 hours on it when I did the stud update & the bleeder line was completely plugged .If it is plugged drill it out to 3/32" & then it will work again.smile.gif