What sprocket size for MX?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
NittroT

What sprocket size for MX?

#1 Post by NittroT »

What size sprockets is everybody running for MX racing with 18" rear wheels? 14/42 14/39. Also what map are you running for MX?
Right now im running the stock 13/42 sprockets with the speed map . Im looking for a better setup. Thanks

Happyboy

no joke

#2 Post by Happyboy »

What size sprockets do you guys use?
I have 20" wheels with the 13 tooth front on and I can't get the front end down! I am all of 250 lbs and lean forward when dragging and that monster will still pick me up. smile.gif

Bags

#3 Post by Bags »

I run a 14/37 on my quad most of the time. I broke my last rear and I am running a 38 rear now and can tell a difference. I am also running the moto/speed map on the quad. I only weigh about 170 lbs with all my gear on and still have to watch the front. I would say to go with the 14 tooth front to save the buffer and 38 rear for MX. It does seem a little tricky in the woods trying to go slow and creep with that gearing, but gotta live with it I guess.

CdaleRacer0128

#4 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

i run 14x38 for mx, 14x42 for sx ( like atco) 42 rear is def a good choice for atco if your gonna run there mike, 38 is a good rear for other tracks that are more open and fast

CdaleRacer0128

#5 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

forgot to add, change the 13 to a 14, helps save chain buffers, your shocks work better, and everything works very well trogehter...get a TM design chain buffer that is warrentied for a year after you buy it with a 14 t front sprocket, keep ur stock rear if you want to use a 42, it has been holding up fine

Derno24

#6 Post by Derno24 »

Leric, after the motor mods I got which you have the same your gearing will be different now. I ran the woods yesterday 14/39 and I am thinking that was ok, but I may use 14/40 when the going gets tough. The 450 motor with the reangled fuel injectors and a xc map in the woods can pull a much higher gear. Also guys if you don't like the hit of something for the woods switch maps. I used to leave just one in. Now I switch on a fairly regular basis. I walk out check conditions and pick from there. It is as good as a gearing change maybe better.

NittroT

#7 Post by NittroT »

Thanks guys,
Hey Leric, What map are you running? I just talked to Scott at Champion and hes gonna set me up with a custom map and im gonna get the TC pipe. How do you like yours? I also just ordered a set of Herrmann Racing +3 A-arms and Elka Quad rate compression adjustable shocks also Lonestar axle

CdaleRacer0128

#8 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

I'm runnin a high compression WWE 450 Motor with reangled injectors and all the goodies, and have the maz's XMX map in there with a few tweaks for the sx tracks i ride ( or so maz told me) herrmann and elka will be a great set up, you'll love it! and when you get time get an Antifade locknut for that lsr, my rpm doesnt have one and it always comes loose!:mad:

if your ever gonna race ne where wit mx give me a shout on here ( PM ) and we can meet up, quad looks a whole lot different than it did a year ago:cool:

CdaleRacer0128

#9 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

oh yea, the tc pipe is awesome, always makes power and lots of noise!:confused: