Rebuild Testing

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
cannondale27

Rebuild Testing

#1 Post by cannondale27 »

As most know I rebuilt my entire quad this spring.Some have asked for reviews so here they are.I am using DiamondRacing crank,bearings,reangled injectors and Haydug/Winky 450 kit,Maz's sidecover gasket.Stage 8 on all but factory studs,clearanced 2nd gear,trannyfilter mod,shiftershaft spacer and all factory updates.

cannondale27

First report

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

I have 6hrs of trouble free riding on the motor right now.After first hour drained oil and inspected filter.Absolutly not one metal particle in the oil or filter(paper).Put filter back in and filled it up with oil.Rode for about 5 hrs muddy wet high load conditions.Removed filter and cut the thing open.Nothing bad in there at all.
Performance wise I cant say since I am waiting on Thomez's pipe.The motor is smooth and idles really nice.I am sick of waiting so the 02headpipe and Big Gun are going on and I promise to thrash it really good this weekend.When Thomez comes through it will be on dyno for proper tuning and then first race is a Oval 1/3mi wide open Oval.When all that is done if it is still running I will be totally confident in the work done.And at end of season will do a valve check and a quick look into the sidecover.If all is well I wont touch it.Two years without touching any race motor is dang good and based on what I saw after one year it is entirely possible.That is the plan at least.

cannondale27

2nd report

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Put BigGun on.Actually made it run rich!That breadbox must have really been snuffing it out.Leaned flowrate by 50 got better.Took it for a quick run up road.Very happy with power.Especially lowend.

cannondale27

Third Report

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Leaned flowrate after plug check by 50 more.This thing now idles as smooth as a Honda Generator.No hunting at all.Had to turn idle down by 400rpm.No hesitation.So I went to the TT/Supermoto race.I hit 4th gear on the track and could lug the motor waaay better than before.Seemed almost impossible to stall.There were only 6 of us racing but a race it was.Final I got holeshot(on blacktop) and I beat 2nd by almost 1/2 lap:)

dalewannbe

way to go!

#5 Post by dalewannbe »

Keep up the good reports.

cdrookie

#6 Post by cdrookie »

congrats!:head: way to represent!:usa :clap:

Derno24

#7 Post by Derno24 »

Excellent work....:usa

cannibalq8

#8 Post by cannibalq8 »