cannondale factory program (optimum)cd

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
cdalepilot

cannondale factory program (optimum)cd

#1 Post by cdalepilot »

lets see how should i word this ? if a person can aquire a copy of a cd used by the dealers for programming the cdales , what would this guy have to do in order to use it ? please give me any info . pm me with any suggestions if you have to if you know what i mean . smile.gif

Jaybr

#2 Post by Jaybr »

You would have to load it on a PC, run a utility that comes with it to generate a code, call Optimum with that code so they can use it to generate you an unlock code for the program.

Optimum is not going to give you the codes, so basically it's useless.

cdalepilot

#3 Post by cdalepilot »

looks like theres no way around it then ? ok thanks jaybar. one more question so the unlock code you get from optimum allows you to access the program with your pc ?:confused: does optimum know whoes got what code ? why woudn't you be able to use the code the dealer used?

Brad77

#4 Post by Brad77 »

Yep, I had a chance to get one of these Dealer Cal programs that was new (still in the bag) from my dealer. The program had never been registered. I called Scooter and he said that he could not issue me a code for it.

My dealer had this program on another computer and I even tried that code thingy on my laptop with no success.

cdalepilot

#5 Post by cdalepilot »

was you able to get a code for it from optimum ?

Brad77

#6 Post by Brad77 »

No, I was trying to do what you had mentioned. Using the code the dealer already had.

I just looked in the "about" section of the program and copied the code. Then installed the program and tried to use the code. Didn't work, I had already expected it not to work, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to try.

cdalepilot

#7 Post by cdalepilot »

thanks for the info man !

Pro400EXC

#8 Post by Pro400EXC »

Well seeing how Optimum likes money so much,just send em like $500 and they should be able to give you the codes,hehe:D

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

Only way to run Dealer Cal would be to buy the whole PC and program.You know even if a person doesnt own a PC they can buy the access code for use on someone elses D&M kit.That said how much would a person pay for a old Toshiba Laptop, Windows95 with Dealer Calminus the cord?

Pro400EXC

#10 Post by Pro400EXC »

Whats your starting price 27?I don't wanna insult yah,hehe