Air box mod

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
ABM-CANNIBAL

Air box mod

#1 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

This might be a stupid question but has anyone ever drilled holes on the bottom of the air box to get more air in? I saw a picture of a speed with 6 holes drilled in the nose of plastics, but I don't want them to be seen. Do you guys think this would help any?

thomez

#2 Post by thomez »

I wouldn't mess with anything after the filter.... :eek:

Maybe some vents in the ECU mounting tray?

ABM-CANNIBAL

#3 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

I'm sorry, that pretty much where I was talking about. Underneath, near the front of the plastics.

iceracer17

#4 Post by iceracer17 »

You can do some things to the airbox.But everyone is tight lipped about it.I figured a way to get a couple horse out of it.smile.gif

JST

Iceracer 17

#5 Post by JST »

What did you figure out?

iceracer17

#6 Post by iceracer17 »

I don't want to lose out on the millions of dollars that could be had by this design.:deal: But unlike others i can tell.It will have to be used for dry conditions.All i did was take a flat air filter from a briggs&stratton cut out top of air box,make a retainer,and thats it.Dyno proven.smile.gif

J. Delaney

#7 Post by J. Delaney »

You got pics of the finished product and dyno graphs (before and after) to prove it? smile.gif

iceracer17

#8 Post by iceracer17 »

Here's the dyno run.If someone's really interested i can send a pic.I have yet to see any proof that the ace airbox does anything.I would like to see dyno runs done on the same day between the 2 airbox's if someone has them.Doesn't anyone tune on a dyno?:confused:

hnnblehscnnble

#9 Post by hnnblehscnnble »

iceracer send me a pic at cannondalekid15@yahoo.com or just post it on here.smile.gif

kyle

cdrookie

#10 Post by cdrookie »

i'd like to see a pic also! bbraughler@yahoo.com.