Sparks fly again

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Lippy91

Sparks fly again

#1 Post by Lippy91 »

This time I went to go charge the battery and when I went to go take off the battery brace, it came in contact with the case of the motor and ..... sparks flew. So what could make this happen? I didn't have this problem before I took out the motor. Switch was off and the key was off.

cdrookie

#2 Post by cdrookie »

you probably inadvertinaly hit the pos terminal of the battery or soloinid. it all happens so fast you don't know whats going on! i think everyone has had sparks fly one time or another.

Lippy91

#3 Post by Lippy91 »

Thank you , It just seems like if I didn't have bad luck , I would have no luck at all!!

hnnblehscnnble

#4 Post by hnnblehscnnble »

dont sweat it.i have done it on all four of our dales.its because the positive touched the case which acts as a ground and makes a full connection.i like the sparks but i wouldnt do it for fun.imay be able to fry something.but by the way if u want sparks,go by a new plug from lowes that u use to make lamps.the plug it in and touch the wires:wow .what a rush!:head:

kyle

NRath

#5 Post by NRath »

Your concern is legit. Shorts are never good. If your going to be working on/around the battery, pull the fuse. Then you know you'll be okay!

kdeal

#6 Post by kdeal »

Pulling the fuse will not eliminate the sparks, just from shorting something out. When working on the battery, always pull the negative cable off the battery first and put it back on last. This way if the positive terminal or your wrench while tightening or loosening the positve terminal will not make sparks. smile.gif