no start

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
cdrookie

#1 Post by cdrookie »

check your wiring. could be as simple as a bad start button. could be as bad as a locked up motor. does it click when you press the button? did you try to jump start it? what about running a jumper wire across the soloniod? put a meter on the battery and the soloniod to see if the battery is up to snuff. then put it on the solonoid and have someone press the start button to see if you're getting juice thru it to the starter. you could remove the starter and hit it with jumper cables to make sure it's good...just a few ideas...it doesn't sound like a serious wiring harness problem since the injectors are working. but i've been wrong once before:D good luck

southbaymoto

#2 Post by southbaymoto »

It sounds to me like you may have crossed wires in the system. Is this a new bike or have you had it for a while?

southbaymoto

#3 Post by southbaymoto »

I would be willing to bet it was wired wrong from the start. Check to make sure the buttons are wired into the correct plugs and not reverse. It sounds like they are crossed.

cdrookie

#4 Post by cdrookie »

what kind of troubleshooting have you done to it so far?

Ryanstones

Ilgen,need more info

#5 Post by Ryanstones »

With the post you wrote, i was, and am stumped. This internet troubleshooting is a very collaborative effort you know? All the smart guys are off racing this weekend anway, but TWO 1/2 YEARS WITH NO PROBLEMS!!! And you just now sharing that info with cannondaleriders!????:confused:

I've never heard of your problem, and i've had my FX/cannibal for 2.5 yrs too. Bad relay maybe?

Post a pic. maybe that'll inspire somegoodman here to help out. LOL

:cool: