The roots of the Cannondale powerplant

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
LapTraffic

#1 Post by LapTraffic »

Cool read, it doesnt note who the jacka$$ was who put the spark plug 'there'... prolly in the witness protection program.

I was laughing so hard at the directions for changing my plug that my wife thought I'd lost my mind, she wasnt far off. Can you imagine running into a fouled plug while riding? Has anyone tried to change one in the field?

I could do it, but it would take about 40 minutes to an hour and some decent tools.

Maybe next year they could do the GNPC (plug Change) as a timed event smile.gif

Seriously though, it's minor compared to what you get in return

Knight440

#2 Post by Knight440 »

Cool read, it doesnt note who the jacka$$ was who put the spark plug 'there'... prolly in the witness protection program.

lmao good one Lap

Good reading though!!!!smile.gif

TricityCdale

#3 Post by TricityCdale »

Come on now, Lap........it's not THAT bad!rolleyes.gif Actually, I have had mine over a year now and have never had to change the plug. I've checked it a few times, but other than that, it's been good. Once you have done it a few times, it only takes a few minutes to get the plug out. Everything comes off fairly easily. The quick-disconnects are the best thing since sliced bread.

You'll have to come over this way some time and do some riding. We have a couple of good spots, one ATV MX track and some dunes.

Later,

LapTraffic

#4 Post by LapTraffic »

Whew, I know I wouldnt wan to foul a plug at a trail head. That would be a real challenge. Ironically my friend on a YZ250 fouled his at the trailhead the day before, took him less than 5 minutes.

The fastest I think I could do it in is probably 35 minutes. Is that reasonable or slow?

We will definately have to hook up for some riding, I'm old, but I'm Slow smile.gif

NRath

#5 Post by NRath »

They began by using a well-respected design-consulting firm known as Pro-E

Just so you know- Pro/E (Pro/Engineer) is a CAD package. I work with the same software at work. It's pretty cool. They do offer consulting teams for implementation and training, but not for the actual design work. They were already using Pro in their bicycle business. I had thought about trying to get a couple models so I could design some skids for mine. Ahh, that would've taken too long so I went and bought them instead.

Thanks for sharing that!

Knight440

#6 Post by Knight440 »

Originally posted by James70214
The quick disconnects on the gas tank are cool, except my dealer did not have it on totally so when I went to a local mx track it fell off and stalled as I went up the face of a doouble. Sent me over the bars.
:eek:

TricityCdale

#7 Post by TricityCdale »

Yeah, 5 minutes is pretty good. I think LapTraffic had a good idea for the timed competition!!

35 minutes would be VERY slow. Get yourself a set of Allen head sockets or T-handles. There are only 10 bolts holding the back plastic and side covers on. Then a couple bolts for the cross braces over the tank, 2 bolts for the tank, disconnect the gas lines, lift the tank out and remove one of the shock brace bolts and you are there. No sweat. It sounds like a chore, but it really isn't that bad.

You'll also need a loooong extension to get to the plug itself.

Derno24

#8 Post by Derno24 »

I thought 15mins was **** good. I guess I will have to get faster.

LapTraffic

#9 Post by LapTraffic »

15 minutes is FLYING.

I think Im gonna do a timed event, I think I am running a bit rich and need to check the plug, Ill do a swap out this weekend and post my time.

I dont think I'll crack 30 minutes on this, my second try.

Derno24

#10 Post by Derno24 »

I have been taking the plastics off and putting them on almost every other ride so I have it down to a science...