It quit

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
handyman

It quit

#1 Post by handyman »

My brother and I were down at Little Sahara on Tuesday, it was a great ride, it had just rained and there were like only 30 bikes there. Just as we were pulling up to the truck his died, so he cranked it and it did not start, then got so tight the starter wouldn't crank it at all. Tried to roll start it in 5th, but still tight, so we pulled the spark plug, and now it cranks, and almost starts, then builds up that pressure again and will not turn. Anybody have any ideas? We had the stage 8 update, and we have both replaced our cylinder sleeves already. It was pretty hot at that time as well. Jeff

iceracer17

#2 Post by iceracer17 »

Check decompression mechanism,pin may have broke.

NRath

#3 Post by NRath »

I'll second the problem with the decomp. mechanism on the exhaust cam. I had one break, also. It's pretty rare, only heard of one or two, sounds like this may make 3. If that's it, you'll probably be replaceing the exhaust cam.:cry:

Let us know what you find.

pdavis

#4 Post by pdavis »

ahhhh let me open the can of worms, i also broke a decompression lever, but after it broke, it bounced around in my cylinder head for a while,
HERES THE PROBLEM..... haydug order me 2 new cams from ATK, no problem there, the exhaust cam DOES NOT come with a decompression lever, and you cant get one seperatley, mine had the rivet kind, now i am forced to find a "used" cam .... good luck if that is the problem, if you find some cams ....LET ME KNOW

iceracer17

#5 Post by iceracer17 »

I got a used one from ATK last nov.with the assm. on it. Maybe they have more.You have to ask for used,they won't tell you.

pdavis

#6 Post by pdavis »

are the used ones that same price as new? sad.gif
i would hope not

iceracer17

#7 Post by iceracer17 »

I think i paid $85

handyman

well....

#8 Post by handyman »

My bro got it torn apart, and it was the crank bearings, caused by unbalanced crank. Also scratched up his new cylinder sleeve. What other problems can we expect to fix to make these things more reliable?

thomez

#9 Post by thomez »

You just found the worst possible. ATK balanced crank and a new liner here we come. You can be up and running without toooo much $$ spent.

Make sure to do Stage 8 as well if you haven't already.

handyman

#10 Post by handyman »

He just did his liner a little over a month ago as it split, stage 8 was done before we bought, what other problems can we be expecting? Hopefully none as we are getting pretty tired of this.