Cannondale auto clutch?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
wistech

Cannondale auto clutch?

#1 Post by wistech »

Ok a friend of mine just bought a z400 with a stock engine . The guy he bought it from had a revloc clutch installed. I can see it might be handy for slow speed riding to prevent stalling . The Dale brochure says the e440a came with one to. What is the real purpose of the auto clutch ?Holeshots? Anyone put one on thier quad? I did notice that it has no engine braking so it might suck coming down some big dunes and hills. Should he get rid of it ?

thomez

#2 Post by thomez »

You can take turns in the woods a gear high and not worry about stalling I would imagine. I wouldn't mind trying one out...

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

The funny thing is it still has a manual clutch lever but Im not sure it is very effective. It will still engage if reved. Kind of strange that someone would spend $1000 on one for a stock z400.

thomez

#4 Post by thomez »

I do think that is odd. I bet someone's wife was riding it (no offense ladies) and that they couldn't get the clutch thing down. That is the solution.

TheJaspMan

#5 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by thomez
I do think that is odd. I bet someone's wife was riding it (no offense ladies) and that they couldn't get the clutch thing down. That is the solution.

We are picking up my wifes Dale this week (hopfully). And I have decided that if her clutch abilities are not up to par before Earlywines track is done this month that I will put one in her quad.

She is getting lessons from Nikkie Earlywine, but even a crash course of 'Clutch 101' from a pro won't help during the hustle and bustle of a real race. I wan't her to have fun and be safe to. I figure she is used to an auto clutch already, might as well leave things along this season. Then let her practice using a clutch during the off season.

In other words: if she loses to a Blaster or 300ex on a Cdale I think she would be mad. And that mad would probably be directed at me. We can't be having that!

thomez

#6 Post by thomez »

Put her on the 'Dale, using the clutch isn't necessary... unless you are starting off or clutching in a turn you don't need it at all. I've talked to some who use it less than I do....

TheJaspMan

#7 Post by TheJaspMan »

Put her on the 'Dale, using the clutch isn't necessary... unless you are starting off or clutching in a turn you don't need it at all. I've talked to some who use it less than I do....

She has been riding around on mine. It's off the line that has me worried. You know how it is, once you stall on the line you get frustrated and pissed. Combine that with being nervous and you can count on stalling a couple more times. By then you are a half lap behind. I don't need that kind of stress. She would take it out on me!! :eek: sad.gif

thomez

#8 Post by thomez »

Half throttle 2nd gear let it out slow ... she'll do fine with a little practice!

TheJaspMan

#9 Post by TheJaspMan »

Half throttle 2nd gear let it out slow ... she'll do fine with a little practice!

So my theory of hammering the throttle and dumping 2nd won't work? :eek:

thomez

#10 Post by thomez »

I didn't want her to do cartwheel, save those for gymnastics smile.gif