Exhaust problem-------DAMMMMMMM!

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
JST

Exhaust problem-------DAMMMMMMM!

#1 Post by JST »

Well I broke my swingarm last week.Called Luburgh,ca pow got a stock 03 Moto swingarm with bearings and carrier cheap.Now as I am surveying the damage a little further to see what else needs fixed,I have a broken exhaust can.A friend recently came to my house witha new Honda 450R.I liked the way it had power and was not loud at all.So basically I'm in the market for a new pipe.I want one that is muffled considerably.I am currently running a HMF headpipe w/TC Racing back 1/2.Which pipe s are quiet but still put out the power?:head:

cdrookie

#2 Post by cdrookie »

i like my biggun but the rivets fall out and some people have problems with the packing blowing out.

kdeal

#3 Post by kdeal »

Go with the HMF can on that headpipe. It's a lot quieter than the CT or BigGun. PDavis had the rivets come out on the BigGun more than once, he finally just put in a second row of rivets and a little mod on the inner lip, and it hasn't come loose yet. But it's still loud, probably needs repacking too!

smile.gif

ABM-CANNIBAL

#4 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

Try the HMF with the quite core insert.

cdrookie

#5 Post by cdrookie »

the hmf's are LOUD. definately get a quiet core if you get one. my biggun slip on is just as quiet as the toaster was.

Sandstorm

#6 Post by Sandstorm »

Glamister has a HMF and me the new BG. Both are freakin loud as heall.. The new BG's have a collar aroung the canister and the rivets go through both. This lets the collar take all the pressure instead of the rivets digging through the canister.. BG's and HMF's burn packing equally as fast.. We both put in the 35 dollar packing from FMF a few weeks back.. We stopped at RMATV and bought it on the way to the dunes.. We'll see how long it lasts..

josborn

#7 Post by josborn »

I have a brand new quiet core for an HMF in the package will sell for $30 shipped.

Happyboy

#8 Post by Happyboy »

HMF has their quiet core and spark arrestor combo for $20 right now directly from them. Good deal.
http://www.hmfengineering.com/quietcore.html

josborn

#9 Post by josborn »

My bad, $25 shipped

Happyboy

#10 Post by Happyboy »

Originally posted by josborn
My bad, $25 shipped

:cool:

No biggee man, I was just posting what I saw. I understand that prices change. Now if you were charging $40 or something then we could have called you a crook but not over $5 bucks.