Whats Wrong with my dale?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
CowsBitePeople

Whats Wrong with my dale?

#1 Post by CowsBitePeople »

The First Problem:

When i get into high rpms it bogs out and shuts off
Backfires
Shoots Fire out of the pipe tooo often
Plug is black with grey ends
I Replace the fuel filter allready and that didnt help at all

Second Problamo:

This happend after the first,
Starter: When i Crank it it starts to turn the motor but then it will stop and the starter motor keeps goin like its not catchin the gears, I took it apart and all the gears were fine, Could it be that little clutch deal? and how do i fix it where can I Find the parts?ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRICIATED!! Im ready to post this thing in the for sale forum and buy the new honda:confused:

Thanks

Matt....

jfarrar

#2 Post by jfarrar »

check for loose connections or a torn throttle body boot.does it stall every time you rev it out or just sometimes?are you on the throttle for long periods of time before it does?does it spudder out or just like die quickly?

on the starter it sounds like the oneway (sprag i think?) clutch on the balance shaft.i had the same problem it would turn over and as soon as it fired it would kickthe starter out.just spin.if it was the clutches it would probably just slip like a normal clutch.get ready to tear the motor down for the sprag clutch you gotta take the crank out to get to it.you can somewhat check its operation by removing the starter clutch cover and the starter cutch.i put my finger on the lower gear and tried to turn it.it should only turn one way.but if i went back anf forth with my finger it would disengage both ways .maz or haydoug should have some of these layin around.

CowsBitePeople

#3 Post by CowsBitePeople »

when i ride it in higher rpms it just bogs out, its like goin down the road and hittin the kill switch

How much does it cost to have that sprag deal put in professionally? is there anything else i should have em do when i have it done?

haydug

#4 Post by haydug »

Does it only do it when it is hot, or when the motor is cold?

CowsBitePeople

#5 Post by CowsBitePeople »

both

CDMX215

#6 Post by CDMX215 »

doug this sounds just like my problem doesn,t matter on the power letting mine started this way now is worse starts idle s hit throttle sometimes revs and dies sometimes go to 6000 rpm let off dies i,ll start looking into tonight call tommorow