best slipon for woods racing

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
1 bad dakota

best slipon for woods racing

#1 Post by 1 bad dakota »

whats the best slipon for woods racing fo a 03 cannible thanks

Derno24

#2 Post by Derno24 »

Seems like you already know the HMF can is good for the woods. You will need the full system though!

iceracer17

#3 Post by iceracer17 »

Bill's makes a slipon for the 03'Ask kdeal how it looks and sounds.It sounded nice on my quad but that was in the garage.I think they get about $260 for it.

cdrookie

#4 Post by cdrookie »

i don't think there is a "best slip on for woods racing". my vote would be the one you got the best deal on! a better flowing exhaust, whether it be full or slip on, will let you use different maps. pick one that complements your riding style.

a smooth, patient riding style and lots of stamina is what really matters in xc racing, not low end torque or high rpm horsepower. eventhough a good set of shocks never hurt anyone!

kdeal

#5 Post by kdeal »

Originally posted by iceracer17
Bill's makes a slipon for the 03'Ask kdeal how it looks and sounds.It sounded nice on my quad but that was in the garage.I think they get about $260 for it.

IceRacer is right. THe Bill's Pipes can for the '03 header is a fantatstic muffler, and it is quieter than the HMF on my other bike. The end cap and mounting bracket is billet aluminum and the best I've seen on an exhaust. I haven't put it through it's paces yet, I'm waiting to remap it to something stronger. A report will follow. This is also the only exhaust I have seen that fits the '03 style header as a slip-on.

Derno24

#6 Post by Derno24 »

I would agree with rookie. You could always remap to a speed use the stock toaster and spend the money on suspension. The quad has plenty of power without the exhaust. The suspension will make it a night and day difference.

Since I bought my Elka's I haven't like riding any other dale than my own. The quad sits great, handles awesome, and has great characteristics. Not to mention a good rider can win on anything. I watched Chris Borich destroy the local field last year on a bone stock z400.