bult c-dale motor ??

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
1 bad dakota

bult c-dale motor ??

#1 Post by 1 bad dakota »

do you guys think a cannibal or moto with the southbay stage 3 kit which consists of a 450 sleeve and longrod. Reangled injector ports, ported and polished head, Lighter wristpin, Polished and tuned injectrs, titanium valves and valve springs, custom FI Map, and cam timing modifications.Crankcase modification and shim the shifter alond with a few other secrets. 16-18 horsepower increase then i will have a full trinity pipe. do you think it will be faster than a 04 YFZ450 with full HMF pipe, high comppression piston, cam mod, pro flow intake proper jetting.. i need to know because my brother has to decide whether to buy a new YFZ or a moto. what ever he gets he will build. the moto is cheaper to buy + it allready has the suspencen. i am thinking of getting this kit for my cannibal thanks a lot

kdeal

Re: bult c-dale motor ??

#2 Post by kdeal »

Originally posted by 1 bad dakota
do you guys think a cannibal or moto with the southbay stage 3 kit which consists of a 450 sleeve and longrod. Reangled injector ports, ported and polished head, Lighter wristpin, Polished and tuned injectrs, titanium valves and valve springs, custom FI Map, and cam timing modifications.Crankcase modification and shim the shifter alond with a few other secrets. 16-18 horsepower increase then i will have a full trinity pipe.  do you think it will be faster than a 04 YFZ450 with full HMF pipe, high comppression piston, cam mod, pro flow intake   proper jetting..  i need to know because my brother has to decide whether to buy a new YFZ or a moto.   what ever he gets he will build.  the moto is cheaper to buy + it allready  has the suspencen.   i am thinking of getting this kit for my cannibal  thanks a lot

To quote a dear friend of mine: "It depends on the rider." THis would be a good race. In a drag race, my money would be on the Moto. On the track, all that money in the motor won't do any good without a good suspension....

Jaybr

#3 Post by Jaybr »

I'd like to know where your getting the 16-18hp increase the moto? Stock a moto is around 40hp, I don't see you getting 56-58 hp with the 450

I can see 16-18hp on the Cannibal, putting it at around 50hp.

I'd love to see those kind of numbers, but I sure haven't seen dyno charts anywhere near that high.

Regardless of the HP, I think the built Moto can be competetive with the YFZ and will cost alot less.

1 bad dakota

#4 Post by 1 bad dakota »

i did a search (450kit) in the powertrain forum and i found those #'s thanks