Red Hot Setup For Cannondale

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
rope83

Red Hot Setup For Cannondale

#1 Post by rope83 »

i have been seeing this ignition setup on ebay for a while just wondering if it would be worth it.

ebay link

candyassmiler

#2 Post by candyassmiler »

who knows. but at least they stock it for a yamaha banchee . :confused:

Canniboomer

#3 Post by Canniboomer »

Yes, worth it....and you can then use a normal inductive tachometer also, which is now impossible with our deepthroat coils...hotter spark and very consistent.....will report soon, as installing 2 of them in this next week, and can give particulars for the coil-pod location and testimonials....pm me for better pricing than ebay sales (I think), as now setup as a dealer on these....and for the inductive high-rpm tachometers. Also available now for the YFZ450....best performance gain with a non-resistor version of our sparkplugs -- maybe even harder to find
those -- but Cannondale 8ek/9ek equivalent plugs also coming in next several weeks for the best use with this setup, and not really more pricey....very exciting potential here.

Jaybr

#4 Post by Jaybr »

I've got one sitting here to test out too.

I've had it for a few weeks waiting to get the quad together and test, went to install it tonight and the plug boot is about an inch short:mad:

I've heard they help it start easier and run smoother, have not seen any dyno numbers but hear its an improvement on topend.

Canniboomer

#5 Post by Canniboomer »

J., Is your hotwires part number shown as #012 131 001 ??
Even with the plug head adaptor, mine also appear to be about
3/4" or more too short!!!!....hold the presses!!!
--- I was absolutely assured by Storm Racing that these have been routinely used (by them) in our Cannondales, but my kits were shipped from another location -- hopefully just some mis-shipments -- will check and advise.

Jaybr

#6 Post by Jaybr »

Yes, same part number

I even measured my coil for them to make sure I got the correct one. I guess it was shipped wrong, I'll call tomorrow.

acarli3

#7 Post by acarli3 »

I have seen these as well and I am interested if there are any gains to be had. It's not too expensive if it works.

Canniboomer

#8 Post by Canniboomer »

...getting the problem solved now today, and recent Cannondale customers are being notified of probable mis-shipment -- Manufacturer packing error, and they confirm that correct product available.

NRath

#9 Post by NRath »

Originally posted by Canniboomer
and you can then use a tachometer

Who has time to look at a tach??!!!!!!:hammer: :hammer:

:usa

Jaybr

#10 Post by Jaybr »

I recieved a call this morning and the correct wire is on the way.